Old 11-13-2008, 10:16 AM
Ralph Angenendt

Default Virtual NICs (aliases like eth0:1) won't come up after reboot

Berend Dekens wrote:
> However, after a reboot, all aliasses are disabled: they are present in
> the configuration but they are not activated. I feared I did something
> wrong so I removed all addresses, tried to find more clues in the docs
> and now I'm back where I started.

Go into /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts and edit the corresponding files
in there.

If they have "ONBOOT=YES" change that to "ONPARENT=YES". If they have
neither, add ONPARENT=YES.

Cheers,

Ralph

Old 11-14-2008, 10:53 PM
"Filipe Brandenburger"

Hi Berend,

On Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 10:12, Berend Dekens <berend@cyberwizzard.nl> wrote:
> Tony Mountifield wrote:
>> Could you post the output of: head -20
>> /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0*
>
> [root@hagrid network-scripts]# head -20
> /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0*
[not the real output of the command since filenames are omitted]

On Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 12:42, Berend Dekens <berend@cyberwizzard.nl> wrote:
> [root@hagrid ~]# cat /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-*

Did you still not understand that we need to know what the file names are???

Please improve your comprehension skills.

HTH,
Filipe

Old 11-15-2008, 04:14 PM
Berend Dekens

Filipe Brandenburger schreef:
Did you still not understand that we need to know what the file names
are???

The command provided shows the content of the files and yes, perhaps it
would show the filenames as well. This was however not specifically asked.

Furthermore the files are named differently so the only file shown in
that command is the master NIC - as I posted in another mail. Also, the
other configs were posted upon request as well.

Please improve your comprehension skills.

As I stated I did what I thought was asked - but the original poster
only asked to run that command: not what was supposed to come out and
what was relevant in there. Perhaps it is you who should "improve your
comprehension skills", as I provided the information.

Now as much as your help is 'appriciated', it is no longer needed as the
problem is sorted - one way or another.

Berend