Old 11-12-2008, 08:44 PM
ponto

Default gem ruby-sqlite3 install error

i am tryin' to install ruby-sqlite3 via gem, but it keeps givin' me this output:

mathilda ~ # gem install sqlite3-ruby

ERROR: Error installing sqlite3-ruby:

/usr/bin/ruby extconf.rb install sqlite3-ruby

checking for fdatasync() in -lrt... no

checking for sqlite3.h... no

make

make: *** No rule to make target `ruby.h', needed by `sqlite3_api_wrap.o'. Stop.

Gem files will remain installed in /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/sqlite3-ruby-1.2.4 for inspection.

Results logged to /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/sqlite3-ruby-1.2.4/ext/sqlite3_api/gem_make.out

and i've this rpm's installed:

mathilda ~ # rpm -qa | egrep 'sqlite'

python-sqlite-1.1.7-1.2.1

sqlite-devel-3.3.6-2

sqlite-3.3.6-2

mathilda ~ # rpm -qa | egrep '(ruby)|(irb)'

rubygem-rake-0.7.3-2.el5

ruby-irb-1.8.5-5.el5_2.5

rubygem-actionmailer-2.1.1-1.el5

ruby-libs-1.8.5-5.el5_2.5

ruby-devel-1.8.5-5.el5_2.5

ruby-ri-1.8.5-5.el5_2.5

rubygems-1.2.0-2.el5

rubygem-activeresource-2.1.1-1.el5

ruby-1.8.5-5.el5_2.5

ruby-rdoc-1.8.5-5.el5_2.5

rubygem-activesupport-2.1.1-1.el5

rubygem-activerecord-2.1.1-1.el5

rubygem-actionpack-2.1.1-1.el5

ruby-docs-1.8.5-5.el5_2.5

rubygem-rails-2.1.1-2.el5

and the sqlite3.h is here.

mathilda ~ # find /usr/ -iname *sqlite3.h*

/usr/include/sqlite3.h

does anyone knows how to solve this?

Old 11-12-2008, 09:36 PM
Matthew Kent

On Wed, 2008-11-12 at 21:44 +0000, ponto wrote:
> i am tryin' to install ruby-sqlite3 via gem, but it keeps givin' me
> this output:
>
> mathilda ~ # gem install sqlite3-ruby
> Building native extensions. This could take a while...
> ERROR: Error installing sqlite3-ruby:
> ERROR: Failed to build gem native extension.
>
> /usr/bin/ruby extconf.rb install sqlite3-ruby
> checking for fdatasync() in -lrt... no
> checking for sqlite3.h... no
>
> make
> make: *** No rule to make target `ruby.h', needed by
> `sqlite3_api_wrap.o'. Stop.

>From the output and the rpms you listed I'm not sure whats missing but
if you can due without it being a gem I successfully recompiled this
version from fedora 8 a while ago for CentOS 5.2:

http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/releases/8/Everything/source/SRPMS/ruby-sqlite3-1.2.1-1.fc8.src.rpm

Only BuildRequires I see there which you may want to check for is
'swig'.
--
Matthew Kent SA bravenet.com