Old 12-13-2007, 11:00 PM
Garrick Staples

Default mysql 5.1 rpm spec file?

On Thu, Dec 13, 2007 at 07:05:29PM -0500, Johnny Tan alleged:
> Does Red Hat make available spec files for future releases?
> I took the existing mysql 5.0 spec file and, with a few mods
> here and there, was able to build the 5.1 rpm. But there are
> some new things which I am curious how they will deal with
> (ndb stuff, primarily), and was wondering if they have
> available the "beta" SRPMs or spec files for future versions
> of software.

I'd say to look at any newer fedora and/or rawhide, but that is only up to
5.0.45. So I guess it's not there yet.

Old 12-13-2007, 11:15 PM
Karanbir Singh

Johnny Tan wrote:
Does Red Hat make available spec files for future releases? I took the
existing mysql 5.0 spec file and, with a few mods here and there, was
able to build the 5.1 rpm. But there are some new things which I am
curious how they will deal with (ndb stuff, primarily), and was
wondering if they have available the "beta" SRPMs or spec files for
future versions of software.

Well, Johnny maintains mysql-enterprise in centos-plus, and he has most
of this stuff sorted out. You can start there.

I have mysql-5.1.22-rc built based on something similar, if there is
interest, i can put that in dev.centos.org for people to use /abuse -
but I am hoping there is a more formal and usable mysql-5.1.x release soon.

Old 12-14-2007, 03:30 AM
David Goldsmith

Old 12-14-2007, 01:27 PM
Karanbir Singh

David Goldsmith wrote:

I see various MySQL RPMs in 4.5/centosplus/i386/RPMS but nothing under
the 5.0 or 5.1. Are there newer RPMs available or should the 4.5 RPMs work?

Its high on the list of things to get done, real soon now - get the
mysql rpms done for centosplus for centos-5, keep an eye out for that