Old 11-11-2008, 10:50 AM
"Marcelo M. Garcia"

Default nagios command-plugins: unexpected token

Hi

I just installed nagios et al[1] in my Centos-5.2 (x86). When I try to
test the configuration file it fails[2] with the message "Unexpected
token or statement(...)".

The line is:
command[notify-by-email]=/usr/bin/printf "$OUTPUT$" | /bin/mail -s
'$SERVICESTATE$ alert for $HOSTALIAS$/$SERVICEDESC$' $CONTACTEMAIL$
But if I comment this line, then I got the same message in the next
line. I changed the path to printf, because I already have installed.

Is something missing? Are the rpm's enough?

Thanks

Marcelo

[1]
newt (Linux) $rpm -qa | grep nagios
nagios-plugins-1.4.12-1.el5.rf
nagios-3.0.5-1.el5.rf
nagios-plugins-setuid-1.4.12-1.el5.rf
nagios-nsca-2.7.2-2.el5.rf
nagios-devel-3.0.5-1.el5.rf
nagios-nrpe-2.5.2-1.el5.rf
nagios-nsca-client-2.7.2-2.el5.rf
newt (Linux) $

[2]
[root@newt nagios]# nagios -v nagios.cfg

Nagios 3.0.5
Copyright (c) 1999-2008 Ethan Galstad (http://www.nagios.org)
Last Modified: 11-04-2008
License: GPL

Reading configuration data...

Error: Unexpected token or statement in file
'/etc/nagios/objects/command-plugins.cfg' on line 33.