Old 11-10-2008, 10:47 AM
"Muhammad Alif Mohd Latif"

Default cant boot after installation of centos 5

Hi all,
*
I'm having problems with the installation of CentOS 5 for i386 to my Dell Percision T4500 Workstation.
The installation run just fine. The installation DVD had been*tested before installation. After installation, the installer ask me to reboot. after reboot, when the msg for LVM saying detection of my LVMs, 1 or 2 lines after that my monitor turned off, but i believed the cpu is still running. I tried reboot several times but still got same problem. Can some one help me?

--
Department of Chemistry,
Faculty of Science,

Old 11-10-2008, 12:29 PM
Phil Schaffner

Muhammad Alif Mohd Latif wrote:

Hi all,

I'm having problems with the installation of CentOS 5 for i386 to my
Dell Percision T4500 Workstation.

5? 5.1? 5.2?

The installation run just fine. The installation DVD had been tested
before installation. After installation, the installer ask me to reboot.
after reboot, when the msg for LVM saying detection of my LVMs, 1 or 2
lines after that my monitor turned off, but i believed the cpu is still
running. I tried reboot several times but still got same problem. Can
some one help me?

Not much to go on.

Since you say "Workstation" one might presume that you are running in
GUI mode. Have you tried booting to runlevel 1 or 3? Turning off
"quiet" mode? Might see some useful hints.

In GRUB type "a" to append/edit the kernel boot line. Delete "rhgb
quiet" and replace it with "1" or "single" for single-user mode, or "3"
for full network boot without GUI. See if anything enlightening shows up.

Phil