Old 11-09-2008, 10:39 AM
Ned Slider

Default What happened to the CentOS Docs?

Vandaman wrote:

I don't log into the CentOS forum, CentOS chat
but I don't know why the docs were removed from
http://mirror.centos.org/centos/4/docs/

Your link is wrong. Here is the correct link:

http://www.centos.org/docs/4/

I also had a look on the CentOS forum and the
forum FAQ still links to the above location.

Example
http://mirror.centos.org/centos/4/docs/html/rhel-rg-en-4/s1-grub-installing.html

No, the forum FAQ thread has the correct link for Documentation. See here:

http://www.centos.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=14337&forum=48

Where are you looking to find the wrong link?

Old 11-09-2008, 11:47 AM
Vandaman

Ned Slider wrote:

> Your link is wrong. Here is the correct link:
>
> http://www.centos.org/docs/4/
>
> > I also had a look on the CentOS forum and the forum
> FAQ still links to the above location.
> > Example
> >
> http://mirror.centos.org/centos/4/docs/html/rhel-rg-en-4/s1-grub-installing.html
> >

> No, the forum FAQ thread has the correct link for
> Documentation. See here:
>
> http://www.centos.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=14337&forum=48
>
> Where are you looking to find the wrong link?

I was looking at the smartfaq below are my squid logs :-

1226225760.382 1773 10.0.0.3 TCP_MISS/200 14202 GET http://www.centos.org/modules/smartfaq/faq.php? - DIRECT/72.232.194.162 text/html
1226225782.162 242 10.0.0.3 TCP_MISS/404 606 GET http://mirror.centos.org/centos/4/docs/html/rhel-sag-en-4/ch-raid-intro.html - DIRECT/84.22.180.89 text/html
1226225782.745 37 10.0.0.3 TCP_MISS/404 566 GET http://mirror.centos.org/favicon.ico - DIRECT/84.22.180.89 text/html
1226225785.707 2 10.0.0.3 TCP_NEGATIVE_HIT/404 572 GET http://mirror.centos.org/favicon.ico - NONE/- text/html

Are you Ned Slider from the CentOS forum and have changed the faq links?

Regards,
Vandaman.

Old 11-09-2008, 12:38 PM
Vandaman

Ned Slider wrote:

> Where are you looking to find the wrong link?

Hmm its on http://wiki.centos.org/FAQ/CentOS4 part 11
where it has several links and bottom says

FAQ/CentOS4 last edited 2008-03-23 15:19:48 by DagWieers

My point is that the docs used to be on mirror.centos.org
but have now been moved presumably without notice/announcement.

Regards,
Vandaman.

Old 11-09-2008, 12:51 PM
Ned Slider

Vandaman wrote:

Ned Slider wrote:

Where are you looking to find the wrong link?

Hmm its on http://wiki.centos.org/FAQ/CentOS4 part 11
where it has several links and bottom says

FAQ/CentOS4 last edited 2008-03-23 15:19:48 by DagWieers

Thanks - link fixed :-)