Old 11-06-2008, 06:03 PM
Agile Aspect

Default yum and /etc/redhat-release

Hi - I used yum to update CentOS 4.6.
After the reboot after the upgrade, the file
/etc/redhat-release still indicates I'm at
CentOS 4.6.

The lastest release of CentOS 4 is CentOS 4.7.

So how do I use yum to upgrade from 4.6 to 4.7?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-- Ken

--
Article. VI. Clause 3 of the constitution of the United States states:

"The Senators and Representatives before mentioned, and the Members of
the several State Legislatures, and all executive and judicial Officers,
both of the United States and of the several States, shall be bound by
Oath or Affirmation, to support this Constitution; but no religious Test
shall ever be required as a Qualification to any Office or public Trust
under the United States."

Old 11-06-2008, 06:21 PM
Vandaman

Agile Aspect wrote:

> Hi - I used yum to update CentOS 4.6.
> After the reboot after the upgrade, the file
> /etc/redhat-release still indicates I'm at
> CentOS 4.6.
>
> The lastest release of CentOS 4 is CentOS 4.7.
>
> So how do I use yum to upgrade from 4.6 to 4.7?
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I would guess you have doctored your CentOS yum repo
files to point to 4.6 What are the contents of your
CentOS-Base.repo file?

Regards,
Vandaman.

Old 11-06-2008, 07:09 PM
Scott Silva

on 11-6-2008 11:03 AM Agile Aspect spake the following:
> Hi - I used yum to update CentOS 4.6.
> After the reboot after the upgrade, the file
> /etc/redhat-release still indicates I'm at
> CentOS 4.6.
>
> The lastest release of CentOS 4 is CentOS 4.7.
>
> So how do I use yum to upgrade from 4.6 to 4.7?
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> -- Ken

Did the upgrade actually happen? No errors?

What does yum say if you run "yum update" again?

--
MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and

Old 11-06-2008, 07:46 PM
Agile Aspect

Vandaman wrote:

Agile Aspect wrote:

Hi - I used yum to update CentOS 4.6.
After the reboot after the upgrade, the file
/etc/redhat-release still indicates I'm at
CentOS 4.6.

The lastest release of CentOS 4 is CentOS 4.7.

So how do I use yum to upgrade from 4.6 to 4.7?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I would guess you have doctored your CentOS yum repo
files to point to 4.6 What are the contents of your

CentOS-Base.repo file?

Regards,
Vandaman.

Thanks for the reply. Here it is.

[base]
name=CentOS-$releasever - Base
mirrorlist=http://mirrorlist.centos.org/?release=$releasever&arch=$basearch&repo=os
#baseurl=http://mirror.centos.org/centos/$releasever/os/$basearch/
gpgcheck=1
gpgkey=http://mirror.centos.org/centos/RPM-GPG-KEY-centos4

#released updates
[update]
name=CentOS-$releasever - Updates
mirrorlist=http://mirrorlist.centos.org/?release=$releasever&arch=$basearch&repo=updates
#baseurl=http://mirror.centos.org/centos/$releasever/updates/$basearch/
gpgcheck=1
gpgkey=http://mirror.centos.org/centos/RPM-GPG-KEY-centos4

#packages used/produced in the build but not released
[addons]
name=CentOS-$releasever - Addons
mirrorlist=http://mirrorlist.centos.org/?release=$releasever&arch=$basearch&repo=addons
#baseurl=http://mirror.centos.org/centos/$releasever/addons/$basearch/
gpgcheck=1
gpgkey=http://mirror.centos.org/centos/RPM-GPG-KEY-centos4

#additional packages that may be useful
[extras]
name=CentOS-$releasever - Extras
mirrorlist=http://mirrorlist.centos.org/?release=$releasever&arch=$basearch&repo=extras
#baseurl=http://mirror.centos.org/centos/$releasever/extras/$basearch/
gpgcheck=1
gpgkey=http://mirror.centos.org/centos/RPM-GPG-KEY-centos4

#additional packages that extend functionality of existing packages
[centosplus]
name=CentOS-$releasever - Plus
mirrorlist=http://mirrorlist.centos.org/?release=$releasever&arch=$basearch&repo=centosplu s
#baseurl=http://mirror.centos.org/centos/$releasever/centosplus/$basearch/