Old 11-05-2008, 05:50 PM
"Akemi Yagi"

Default Help with TCL/TK on centos 5.2 unknown color black

On Wed, Nov 5, 2008 at 10:02 AM, Jerry Geis <geisj@pagestation.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am using centos 5.2 x86_64 on a box. and getting this error:
> wish -f pcalert.tcl
> Error in startup script: unknown color name "black"
(snip)

> I take the same script on 3 other machines with centos 5.2 x86_64 and it
> runs just fine.
> What is the machine that gives the errors missing that is doesnt know what
> black is???

Is the troubled box running the same version (8.4.13) of tk/tcl as the
other three? How about xorg-x11-server-utils ?

Akemi

Old 11-05-2008, 05:57 PM
Jerry Geis

Is the troubled box running the same version (8.4.13) of tk/tcl as the
other three? How about xorg-x11-server-utils ?

Also showrgb prints all the colors.

here is the information:
more /etc/redhat-release
CentOS release 5.2 (Final)

[root@am2mm ~]# rpm -qa | grep tk-
atk-1.12.2-1.fc6
usermode-gtk-1.88-3.el5.1
tk-8.4.13-5.el5_1.1
atk-1.12.2-1.fc6
authconfig-gtk-5.3.21-3.el5
tk-8.4.13-5.el5_1.1

[root@am2mm ~]# rpm -qa | grep server-utils
xorg-x11-server-utils-7.1-4.fc6

Jerry

Old 11-05-2008, 05:58 PM
Tru Huynh

On Wed, Nov 05, 2008 at 01:02:53PM -0500, Jerry Geis wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am using centos 5.2 x86_64 on a box. and getting this error:
> wish -f pcalert.tcl
> Error in startup script: unknown color name "black"
>
> I take the same script on 3 other machines with centos 5.2 x86_64 and it
> runs just fine.
> What is the machine that gives the errors missing that is doesnt know
> what black is???

check your /etc/X11/xorg.conf on the differents machines.
-> RgbPath "/usr/share/X11/rgb"

Tru