Old 11-04-2008, 10:41 PM
Paul Heinlein

Default nfs and permissions

On Tue, 4 Nov 2008, Anne Wilson wrote:

My CentOS box is my server for data and some services, including nfs
shares. On my laptop I have folderviews displaying two directories
on the server, via nfs mounts. An fstab line mounts each, such as:

192.168.0.40:/home /mnt/borg2_home nfs nosuid,exec,rw,bg,soft,intr 0 0

OT: The "soft" and "intr" options don't go together. The latter is
only valid when the filesystem is hard-mounted. (This, of course, has
nothing to do with your problem. :-)

From the folderview I have no problem accessing the files and directories.

Now comes the problem. I use kontact, with imap mail (working fine)
and a calendar/diary (korganizer) mounted as a remote file. At
least, I did, until this new install. I can give it the path, but I
don't see any entries. I suspect that it is a permissions problem,
but I can't see anything obvious.

If you launch korganizer from the command line (that is, not via your
GUI menus), are there any meaningful error messages?

Old 11-05-2008, 09:46 AM
Anne Wilson

On Tuesday 04 November 2008 23:41:17 Paul Heinlein wrote:

> On Tue, 4 Nov 2008, Anne Wilson wrote:

> > My CentOS box is my server for data and some services, including nfs

> > shares. On my laptop I have folderviews displaying two directories

> > on the server, via nfs mounts. An fstab line mounts each, such as:

> > 192.168.0.40:/home /mnt/borg2_home nfs nosuid,exec,rw,bg,soft,intr 0 0

> OT: The "soft" and "intr" options don't go together. The latter is

> only valid when the filesystem is hard-mounted. (This, of course, has

> nothing to do with your problem. :-)

> > From the folderview I have no problem accessing the files and

> > directories.

> > Now comes the problem. I use kontact, with imap mail (working fine)

> > and a calendar/diary (korganizer) mounted as a remote file. At

> > least, I did, until this new install. I can give it the path, but I

> > don't see any entries. I suspect that it is a permissions problem,

> > but I can't see anything obvious.

> If you launch korganizer from the command line (that is, not via your

> GUI menus), are there any meaningful error messages?

Hi, Paul. Thanks for answering. I finally found the problem. Keychain was not initialising because the permissions on ~/.ssh/id* were too loose. Sometimes it takes the brain a while to register things. In the wee small hours I suddenly realised I was not being asked for the passphrase at login :-)

Anne