Old 11-04-2008, 09:17 PM
Anne Wilson

Default nfs and permissions

My CentOS box is my server for data and some services, including nfs shares. On my laptop I have folderviews displaying two directories on the server, via nfs mounts. An fstab line mounts each, such as:

192.168.0.40:/home /mnt/borg2_home nfs nosuid,exec,rw,bg,soft,intr 0 0

From the folderview I have no problem accessing the files and directories.

Now comes the problem. I use kontact, with imap mail (working fine) and a calendar/diary (korganizer) mounted as a remote file. At least, I did, until this new install. I can give it the path, but I don't see any entries. I suspect that it is a permissions problem, but I can't see anything obvious.

The firewall is temporarily disabled.

Any ideas. please?

Anne