Old 11-04-2008, 12:45 AM
"nate"

Default total size/disk usage difference between source and destination

Sven wrote:
> Thanks for feedback.
>
> After doing a little bit research I found that the application (Apache
> Tomcat) and backup (Veritas NetBackup) was running during the copy
> job.
>
> What influence have a running Tomcat and NetBackup on rsync?
> What rsync (running as root) do if there are read-only files?

There really isn't such thing as a read-only file in linux. If
a file is open for writing by another program you can still write
to it though you normally should not to avoid data corruption.

Also if your doing a local copy I suggest not using the -z option
as using -z will likely dramatically slow down the sync process.
Only use -z if your copying over a slow network link.

Also if your doing multiple syncs and want to keep them in sync
I suggest you check out the --delete option as well.

nate