Old 11-03-2008, 08:30 PM
"Marc Ferguson"

Default TI USB 3410-5052 for CentOS 4.7

Hi,

I am trying to build the driver for the TI USB 3410/5052 family of devices.
Specifically, I am trying to hook up a MultiTech GSM modem.

I have the source for the driver which came with the modem.* However, I
beating my head against the wall trying to get around the usb-serial.h not
found error.**

I have found references saying usb-serial.h has been moved.* Even though
I have pulled down kernel-2.6.9-78.src.rpm I can not find the .h to make
things compile.

Any assistance would be greately appreciated (a prebuilt driver would be
even better).

Thanks

Marc

Marc Ferguson

Trapeze Group

757-961-9224 x304

Old 11-03-2008, 08:37 PM
"Akemi Yagi"

On Mon, Nov 3, 2008 at 1:30 PM, Marc Ferguson
<mferguson@va-gatekeeper.trapsoft.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I am trying to build the driver for the TI USB 3410/5052 family of devices.
> Specifically, I am trying to hook up a MultiTech GSM modem.
> I have the source for the driver which came with the modem. However, I
> beating my head against the wall trying to get around the usb-serial.h not
> found error.
> I have found references saying usb-serial.h has been moved. Even though I
> have pulled down kernel-2.6.9-78.src.rpm I can not find the .h to make
> things compile.
> Any assistance would be greately appreciated (a prebuilt driver would be
> even better).

It should be in the source tree. Look in: drivers/usb/serial/

Akemi