Old 11-03-2008, 10:44 AM

Default Can I upgrade CentOS 3.9 to 4 with apt/yum

Deal All,

Please tell me someone is is possible to upgrade CentOS3.9 to 4 via apt or
yum?

Thanks
Chaminda

Old 11-03-2008, 02:48 PM
"Lanny Marcus"

On Mon, Nov 3, 2008 at 6:44 AM, <chaminda@mfsl.lk> wrote:
> Deal All,
> Please tell me someone is is possible to upgrade CentOS3.9 to 4 via apt or
> yum?
<snip>
You can probably do that. However, you may end up with some issues to
solve. Generally, it is better not to upgrade, from one major version
(in this case 3.x) to a newer one (4.x). Better to backup, do a clean
install, and then restore. Is there some reason you do not want to
install 5.2 on that box?