Old 11-03-2008, 08:38 AM
Tom Brown

Default rpm spec question

Hi

I am trying to package a bunch of files so that i can deploy them with
rpm - Its prtty much just a case of dumping some files on the filesystem.

I achieve this with rpm without issue however when i remove the rpm from
the system it also removes the dir that contains the files, even though
i dont specify this in the %postun. Is there a way to tell rpm to NOT
remove files/dir's that it creates unless i request it?

thanks

Old 11-03-2008, 09:57 AM
"Bent Terp"

On Mon, Nov 3, 2008 at 10:38 AM, Tom Brown <tom@ng23.net> wrote:
> specify this in the %postun. Is there a way to tell rpm to NOT remove
> files/dir's that it creates unless i request it?

don't list the dir in the files section, use /* instead to point out
the files in the dir

If you list the dir itself, it will be owned by the rpm and removed
together with it.

BR Bent