-   -   What is equivalent to MS OUTLOOK ? (http://www.linux-archive.org/centos/18580-what-equivalent-ms-outlook.html)

"Indunil Jayasooriya" 12-13-2007 02:11 AM

What is equivalent to MS OUTLOOK ?

Hi All,

I am looking for an open source email client package that is equivalent to MS OUTLOOK.

Clients are running Windows XP and Vista and Linux. So the package should be able to run on both Windows And Linux.

Mail server is running Ms Exchange. So this client pkg should be able to access Global Address book of the MS Exchange Server just as MS OUTLOOK.

What about evolution ?

Pls see, below URL

http://www.gnome.org/projects/evolution/
Can it do fulfil my requirements?* or do you know any other pkg that can fulfil these requirements?

--
Thank you
Indunil Jayasooriya

Dan Maranville 12-13-2007 02:22 AM

Indunil Jayasooriya wrote:

Hi All,

I am looking for an open source email client package that is equivalent to
MS OUTLOOK.

Clients are running Windows XP and Vista and Linux. So the package should be
able to run on both Windows And Linux.

Mail server is running Ms Exchange. So this client pkg should be able to
access Global Address book of the MS Exchange Server just as MS OUTLOOK.

What about evolution ?

Pls see, below URL

http://www.gnome.org/projects/evolution/

Can it do fulfil my requirements? or do you know any other pkg that can
fulfil these requirements?

I don't believe this is the right place for your question(s), you may
want to try a general Linux/computing community forum or the like. :)

"Michael A. Peters" 12-13-2007 02:39 AM

On Thu, 2007-12-13 at 08:41 +0530, Indunil Jayasooriya wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am looking for an open source email client package that is
> equivalent to MS OUTLOOK.
>
> Clients are running Windows XP and Vista and Linux. So the package
> should be able to run on both Windows And Linux.
>
> Mail server is running Ms Exchange.

I would use Outlook for the Windows clients if the server is running
Exchange.

I don't think there is a OSS solution that runs well on all platforms.
Evolution may work for your Linux clients, but I don't think it has full
outlook capabilities.

Personally I prefer imap - imap works well with a lot of mail clients,
including thunderbird, which runs on most platforms.

But if you are running exchange for some specific features of exchange -
your best bet may be Outlook on Windows and Outlook via CrossOver Office
on Linux.

"James D. Parra" 12-13-2007 04:38 AM

What is equivalent to MS OUTLOOK ?

> Hi All,
>
> I am looking for an open source email client package that is equivalent to
> MS OUTLOOK.

~~~~~~~~

Try Thunderbird with the Calendar plug-in.
~James

"Stewart, Craig" 12-13-2007 04:41 AM

What is equivalent to MS OUTLOOK ?

evolution

> I am looking for an open source email client package that is
equivalent to
> MS OUTLOOK.

~~~~~~~~

"Manuel Enrique Chavez Manzano" 12-13-2007 05:16 AM

What is equivalent to MS OUTLOOK ?

or you can also use kmail

> evolution

"Nuestra recompensa se encuentra en el esfuerzo y no en el resultado.
Un esfuerzo total es una victoria completa".
Mahatma Gandhi
(@ @)
|Manuel Enrique Chávez Manzano|
|manuel864@gmail.com |