Old 03-15-2009, 04:45 PM
Dhaval Thakar

Default php 5.2

On Sun, 15 Mar 2009 12:29:41 -0500, Melinda Odom <info@designhosting.biz>
wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am running centos 5 with php 5.1.6-20 and mysql 5.0.45-7.el5 on a
> production server running a lot of ecommerce stores.
>
> The future next versions of these stores all are requiring php 5.2 at
> least. I don't want any problems with the ecommerce stores I have now
> with php 5.1.6-20 so don't know what to do.
>
> With the next version of one store I will need php 5.2 plus MySQLi
> extension. Another store version I will need only php 5.2.
>
> I found several posts last night about php 5.2 never being in centos 5
> because redhat wouldn't support centos.
>
> Any advice is greatly appreciated.

i used remi repository, it worked.
http://www.centos.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=18416

Old 03-15-2009, 04:51 PM
"David Amiel"

Le Dim 15 mars 2009 18:29, Melinda Odom a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I am running centos 5 with php 5.1.6-20 and mysql 5.0.45-7.el5 on a
> production server running a lot of ecommerce stores.
>
> The future next versions of these stores all are requiring php 5.2 at
> least. I don't want any problems with the ecommerce stores I have now
> with php 5.1.6-20 so don't know what to do.
>
> With the next version of one store I will need php 5.2 plus MySQLi
> extension. Another store version I will need only php 5.2.
>
> I found several posts last night about php 5.2 never being in centos 5
> because redhat wouldn't support centos.
>
> Any advice is greatly appreciated.

the safer way is to install it from sources.

the easy way is to install unofficial rpms :
- the announce : http://blog.famillecollet.com/post/2009/03/01/php-5.2.9-1
- the depot : http://rpms.famillecollet.com/el5.html

cheers,

David

Old 03-15-2009, 04:56 PM
Ralph Angenendt

David Amiel wrote:
> the safer way is to install it from sources.

And work around the package management the distribution has in place? Yeah,
that sounds like a very safe advice.

Ralph_____________________________________________ __
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org

Old 03-15-2009, 05:17 PM
Test

I am currently testing Jason Litka's rpm's, they include php 5.2 and
mysqli...

http://www.jasonlitka.com/yum-repository/
--
Test <test@remedial-teacher.nl>

Old 03-16-2009, 07:18 AM
Ralph Angenendt

Melinda Odom wrote:
> I am running centos 5 with php 5.1.6-20 and mysql 5.0.45-7.el5 on a
> production server running a lot of ecommerce stores.
>
> The future next versions of these stores all are requiring php 5.2 at
> least. I don't want any problems with the ecommerce stores I have now
> with php 5.1.6-20 so don't know what to do.

There is a version of php 5.2 in the CentOS-testing repository, as there
are versions of php5.2 for CentOS in Jason Litka's repository and in
Remi Collet's repository.

> I found several posts last night about php 5.2 never being in centos 5
> because redhat wouldn't support centos.

That sentence does not make any sense at all.

Ralph

Old 03-16-2009, 07:31 AM
Ralph Angenendt

Ralph Angenendt wrote:
> Melinda Odom wrote:
> > I found several posts last night about php 5.2 never being in centos 5
> > because redhat wouldn't support centos.
>
> That sentence does not make any sense at all.

And I wonder why you're asking the exact same question again, after
getting several replies over the weekend.

Ralph

Old 03-16-2009, 09:03 AM
Peter Hopfgartner

Jim Perrin wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 14, 2009 at 10:39 PM, Melinda Odom <info@designhosting.biz> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Is there any news about CentOS 5.2 updating to php 5.2?
>>

> There have been packages for php 5.2 in the Centos Testing repository
> for a while now. They work fine (for me at least), it's just that very
> few folks are reporting the functionality, so they aren't moving into
> centosplus or more common repositories.
>
> See http://wiki.centos.org/AdditionalResources/Repositories for more information

It seems to me that feedback to packages in testing are getting lost. I
sent mine for PHP and PostgreSQL (both run really fine on a number of
our servers), but there is no reply and no reaction. Maybe a Wiki-Page
or a ticket would be a better place to gather feedback then the L.

Regards,

Peter

--

Dott. Peter Hopfgartner

R3 GIS Srl - GmbH
Via Johann Kravogl-Str. 2
I-39012 Meran/Merano (BZ)
Email: peter.hopfgartner@r3-gis.com
Tel. : +39 0473 494949
Fax : +39 0473 069902
www : http://www.r3-gis.com

Old 03-16-2009, 09:12 AM
Karanbir Singh

Peter Hopfgartner wrote:
> It seems to me that feedback to packages in testing are getting lost. I
> sent mine for PHP and PostgreSQL (both run really fine on a number of
> our servers), but there is no reply and no reaction. Maybe a Wiki-Page
> or a ticket would be a better place to gather feedback then the L.

Its not really possible to reply to each and every email that is sent
through. Also, one persons's feedback isnt enough to move the pkgs away
from testing to stable.

Were working on the entire webstack stuff, which will get a complete
makeover and also allow for more recent packages in. I hope to work on
that once 5.3 is out of the door.