-   -   Dazuko module Panda Antivirus (http://www.linux-archive.org/centos/184773-dazuko-module-panda-antivirus.html)

Spike Turner 10-30-2008 10:33 AM

Gopinath Achari wrote:

> I installed Panda antivirus for linux but
> it uses
> Dazuko module for updating virus definition downloaded from
> internet to
> virus definitions database. So i downloaded dazuko ( tar
> package)
> software and tryed to install. But it generates the below
> defined
> errors, Which module in the kernel has to be enabled.
> Please help me i
> am using Centos 5.2 with kernel version of
> 2.6.18-92.1.13.el5xen

Have you spoken to the Panda people? Have you tried getting
an rpm version. Have you looked in the 3rd party repos? There
is a reason for using an rpm-based distro rather than Slackware.

Spike.

"Akemi Yagi" 10-30-2008 01:26 PM

Dazuko module Panda Antivirus

On Thu, Oct 30, 2008 at 4:09 AM, Gopinath Achari
<gopinath@signal-networks.com> wrote:

> I installed Panda antivirus for linux but it uses Dazuko
> module for updating virus definition downloaded from internet to virus
> definitions database. So i downloaded dazuko ( tar package) software and
> tryed to install. But it generates the below defined errors, Which module in
> the kernel has to be enabled. Please help me i am using Centos 5.2 with
> kernel version of 2.6.18-92.1.13.el5xen
(snip)
> error: capabilities are built-in to the kernel:
> you will need to recompile a kernel with capabilities
> as a kernel module

This is a known issue with Dazuko. You can find some hint/solution in
this forum thread:

http://www.centos.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=12894&forum=28&post_id=4308 2#forumpost43082

Although it was with CentOS-4, the same solution should be applicable
to CentOS-5.

There is another thread and Ned Slider offered an alternative solution:

http://www.centos.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?viewmode=flat&topic_id=16924&forum=4 5

Hope this helps,

Akemi

"Akemi Yagi" 11-03-2008 05:59 AM

On Thu, Oct 30, 2008 at 6:26 AM, Akemi Yagi <amyagi@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 30, 2008 at 4:09 AM, Gopinath Achari
> <gopinath@signal-networks.com> wrote:
>
>> I installed Panda antivirus for linux but it uses Dazuko
>> module for updating virus definition downloaded from internet to virus
>> definitions database. So i downloaded dazuko ( tar package) software and
>> tryed to install. But it generates the below defined errors, Which module in
>> the kernel has to be enabled. Please help me i am using Centos 5.2 with
>> kernel version of 2.6.18-92.1.13.el5xen
> (snip)
>> error: capabilities are built-in to the kernel:
>> you will need to recompile a kernel with capabilities
>> as a kernel module
>
> This is a known issue with Dazuko. You can find some hint/solution in
> this forum thread:
>
> http://www.centos.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=12894&forum=28&post_id=4308 2#forumpost43082

I have built the latest kernel (2.6.18-92.1.13) with capabilities as a
kernel module. If you wish to test the dazuko installation, you can
get it from here:

http://centos.toracat.org/kernel/c5plus_capabilities/

This is based on the centosplus kernel but should work just fine for
the testing. Besides, if (and this is a big if) this change is
adopted in the CentOS kernel, it would be in the cplus kernel.

Akemi