Old 12-12-2007, 10:05 PM
"Christian Nygaard"

Default How do you backup a LVM LV?

I have a virtual machine in a Xen LV, that I would like to backup from hostA to hostB
because hostA is software broken. How do I copy and recreate that LV on hostB?

Greets,
Chris

Old 12-13-2007, 10:07 PM
"Alain Spineux"

On Dec 13, 2007 12:05 AM, Christian Nygaard <christiannygaard@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have a virtual machine in a Xen LV, that I would like to backup from hostA
> to hostB
> because hostA is software broken. How do I copy and recreate that LV on
> hostB?

Create an identicaly sized LV on machine B.
Use lvdisplay to get the size.
Then using ssh and dd :

from hostA :

# dd if=/dev/yourVG/yourLV | ssh hostB dd of=/dev/yourVGB/yourLVB

Regards

> Greets,
> Chris

Alain Spineux