Old 10-29-2008, 01:02 PM
"Marcelo M. Garcia"

Default how to get rid of "kerberos"

Hi

How to get rid of kerberos, or at least to prevent to go into path?
Where is defined the path for users?

I need to configure and use rtools (I know that I should use ssh, but I
need rtools) and I think very annoying the messages from Kerberized rsh
or rlogin, like this:

-sh-3.2$ rsh kitten02
connect to address 192.168.89.2 port 543: Connection refused
Trying krb4 rlogin...
connect to address 192.168.89.2 port 543: Connection refused
trying normal rlogin (/usr/bin/rlogin)
Last login: Tue Jun 3 20:17:32 from kitten01
-sh-3.2$

But if kerberos is not in path, everything works fine:
-sh-3.2$ rsh kitten02
Last login: Tue Jun 3 20:13:13 from kitten01
-sh-3.2$

Thanks

Marcelo

Old 10-29-2008, 01:25 PM
Tony Schreiner

/usr/kerberos/bin gets put in your path by /etc/profile.d/krb5-
workstation.sh or krb5-workstation.csh.

You can move them or comment them to prevent them from working

or

yum remove krb-workstation

to remove the package.

But you do know that rsh is not safe on an open network right?

Tony Schreiner
Boston College