Old 10-29-2008, 06:15 AM
"Rajagopal Swaminathan"

Default cmirror - CentOS

Greetings,

I might have missed something in the list here.. But could someone point out some introductory material / docs regarding cmirror?

Is there something (even beta would do) in CentOS to read and understand about this?

OT- On Fossils:
While I cannot claim "Fossil state" anywhere near some of the people who were doing cards -- I knew about them though -- when I was born, I have had my spell flicking switches to select boot device on a Texas Instrument DS 990 switching between the "Washing machine" disk and the 9" tape drive. (Now this is in India when a lot of restrictions -- both by Indian and other governments -- were there in Technology imports) The interesting part of it was the entirely memory mapped design and barely a few registers...

and then in Prime 750 which had 5 huge boards which constituted a CPU. and a "hefty" amount of RAM -- 8MB. The thigs is they worked 24x7 and we were required to give a month's notice before shutting them down / rebooting unless there was a breakdown which was very rare. Just like Linux ^H^H^H^H^H^H Centos Servers

Regards

Rajagopal

Old 10-29-2008, 03:55 PM
MHR

:
> OT- On Fossils:
> While I cannot claim "Fossil state" anywhere near some of the people who
> were doing cards -- I knew about them though -- when I was born, I have had
> my spell flicking switches to select boot device on a Texas Instrument DS
> 990 switching between the "Washing machine" disk and the 9" tape drive. (Now
> this is in India when a lot of restrictions -- both by Indian and other
> governments -- were there in Technology imports) The interesting part of it
> was the entirely memory mapped design and barely a few registers...
> and then in Prime 750 which had 5 huge boards which constituted a CPU. and a
> "hefty" amount of RAM -- 8MB. The thigs is they worked 24x7 and we were
> required to give a month's notice before shutting them down / rebooting
> unless there was a breakdown which was very rare. Just like Linux
> ^H^H^H^H^H^H Centos Servers

Lightweight!

mhr