Old 10-30-2008, 01:05 AM
"Eugene Fong"

Default RHEL 5.3 Beta released, beta-testers needed

I don't think a login can be registered unless you buy and activate a subscription

Old 10-30-2008, 06:56 AM
Mogens Kjaer

Dag Wieers wrote:
> Ok, what may not have been obvious from my mail (and I will make sure I
> fix that next announcement) is that anyone should be able to register on
> RHN for downloading these Betas.
>
> So you do not have to be a customer to get an RHN account.

You can download and install, however, in order to
do:

yum update

or even:

yum install something

you have to register the system on one of your available
subscriptions.

That's how I experience it - I could be wrong?

Mogens

Phone: +45 33 27 53 25, Mobile: +45 22 12 53 25
Email: mk@crc.dk Homepage: http://www.crc.dk

Old 10-30-2008, 12:40 PM
Dag Wieers

Ok, what may not have been obvious from my mail (and I will make sure I
fix that next announcement) is that anyone should be able to register on
RHN for downloading these Betas.

So you do not have to be a customer to get an RHN account.

you have to register the system on one of your available
subscriptions.

Hmm, I am pretty sure at some point in the past registering to RHN was
free without entitlements. That is how I have delegated systems and
entitlements to other people within RPMforge.

Maybe it is different now. I will have to find out and document on the
Wiki in detail.

Old 10-30-2008, 01:02 PM
Phil Schaffner

Dag Wieers wrote:

Hmm, I am pretty sure at some point in the past registering to RHN was
free without entitlements. That is how I have delegated systems and
entitlements to other people within RPMforge.

Maybe it is different now. I will have to find out and document on the
Wiki in detail.

Another data point. I have a valid RHN login but with all entitlements
expired - did not renew and moved everything to CentOS. RHN will only
show me ISOs for old RH products - no RHEL ISOs beta or otherwise. Back
when the RHEL5(.0) beta came out the subscription was still active and I
was able to get and test that Beta.

From past experience IIRC, if one tries to create a new account it must
use a new email address, otherwise an error is returned about the
address already being in use.

Also, if attempting a new registration, from:
https://rhn.redhat.com/rhn/sales/LoginInfo.do

"Red Hat Network provides Red Hat subscription customers with software
downloads, updates, security errata, and systems management
capabilities. To access these Red Hat Network benefits, customers must
log in to Red Hat Network using a Red Hat login associated with at least
one active subscription to a Red Hat product or service."

:-(
Phil

Old 10-30-2008, 01:04 PM
"Michael Simpson"

> Hmm, I am pretty sure at some point in the past registering to RHN was free
> without entitlements. That is how I have delegated systems and entitlements
> to other people within RPMforge.
>
> Maybe it is different now. I will have to find out and document on the Wiki
> in detail.
>
> --
> -- dag wieers, dag@centos.org, http://dag.wieers.com/ --

Hi Dag
according to RHN the only software that i can download is redhat
7.1,7.2,7.3 and 9

"No images were found matching your criteria"

So registering is free but entitlement isn't.

This was tried with both a corporate and personal login for RHN.

I guess i'll have to wait until a public release.

best wishes

mike

Old 10-30-2008, 01:29 PM
Robert Moskowitz