Old 10-28-2008, 03:21 PM
Jerry Geis

Default rtl8169 kernel dump

I installed 5.2 x86_64 on a new hp dv7z laptop using noprobe on the
install line.

After rebooting the rtl8169 causes the kernel to dump.

Is there a parameter I can pass to it (somehow) to avoid the kernel dump???

Thanks,

Jerry

Old 10-28-2008, 06:11 PM
Jerry Geis

Jerry Geis wrote:
I installed 5.2 x86_64 on a new hp dv7z laptop using noprobe on the
install line.

After rebooting the rtl8169 causes the kernel to dump.

Is there a parameter I can pass to it (somehow) to avoid the kernel
dump???

Thanks,

Jerry

I found a new driver (finally) - it works.
http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=14&PFid=7&Level=5 &Conn=4&DownTypeID=3

Jerry