Old 10-28-2008, 08:36 AM
dika ye

Default Contents of CentOS digest...

Old 10-28-2008, 02:31 PM
Scott Silva

on 10-28-2008 2:36 AM dika ye spake the following:

42.

If you ask a blank question, I get to make up an answer!

--
MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and

Old 10-28-2008, 04:38 PM
MHR

On Tue, Oct 28, 2008 at 8:31 AM, Scott Silva <ssilva@sgvwater.com> wrote:
> on 10-28-2008 2:36 AM dika ye spake the following:

> 42.
>
> If you ask a blank question, I get to make up an answer!

Hey! That was MY answer!

mhr

Old 10-28-2008, 05:06 PM
Scott Silva

on 10-28-2008 10:38 AM MHR spake the following:
> On Tue, Oct 28, 2008 at 8:31 AM, Scott Silva <ssilva-m4n3GYAQT2lWk0Htik3J/w@public.gmane.org> wrote:
>> on 10-28-2008 2:36 AM dika ye spake the following:

>> 42.
>>
>> If you ask a blank question, I get to make up an answer!
>>

> Hey! That was MY answer!
>
> mhr
Insanity must be contagious!

Old 10-28-2008, 05:57 PM
MHR

On Tue, Oct 28, 2008 at 11:06 AM, Scott Silva <ssilva@sgvwater.com> wrote:
> on 10-28-2008 10:38 AM MHR spake the following:
>> On Tue, Oct 28, 2008 at 8:31 AM, Scott Silva <ssilva-m4n3GYAQT2lWk0Htik3J/w@public.gmane.org> wrote:
>>> on 10-28-2008 2:36 AM dika ye spake the following:

>>> 42.
>>>
>>> If you ask a blank question, I get to make up an answer!
>>>

>> Hey! That was MY answer!
>>
>> mhr
> Insanity must be contagious!

Great minds think alike. These days, we're all insane....

Old 10-28-2008, 06:13 PM
"William L. Maltby"

On Tue, 2008-10-28 at 11:57 -0700, MHR wrote:
> <snip>

Geez! You guys hammer on others all the time, but then you "forget" to
"edit the subject line" when replying to "digests", as requested by TPB.

;-)

I've done your (and the OP's) work for y'all. Now, unless someone says
"curmu..." WHOOPS!

This thread should end.

:-)

All kidding intended,
--
Bill

Old 10-28-2008, 07:11 PM
MHR

On Tue, Oct 28, 2008 at 12:13 PM, William L. Maltby
<CentOS4Bill@triad.rr.com> wrote:

> Geez! You guys hammer on others all the time, but then you "forget" to
> "edit the subject line" when replying to "digests", as requested by TPB.
>
> ;-)
>
> I've done your (and the OP's) work for y'all. Now, unless someone says
> "curmu..." WHOOPS!
>
> This thread should end.
>
> :-)
>
> All kidding intended,

Q.E.D.

:-)

mhr

Old 10-29-2008, 07:16 AM
"Sorin Srbu"

William L. Maltby <> scribbled on Tuesday, October 28, 2008 8:13 PM:

> Geez! You guys hammer on others all the time, but then you "forget" to
> "edit the subject line" when replying to "digests", as requested by TPB.

"TPB"?? The Pirate Bay?

/Sorin (Who would go googling to find a site with listing obscure acronyms,
but opts to work instead... ;-)

Old 10-29-2008, 08:44 AM
"William L. Maltby"

On Wed, 2008-10-29 at 09:16 +0100, Sorin Srbu wrote:
> William L. Maltby <> scribbled on Tuesday, October 28, 2008 8:13 PM:
>
> > Geez! You guys hammer on others all the time, but then you "forget" to
> > "edit the subject line" when replying to "digests", as requested by TPB.
>
> "TPB"?? The Pirate Bay?

Arrrgh! I need two more cups of coffee. Should be TPTB.

Anyway, for those poor folks that still have to work for a living and
have no time to google, here's one link.

http://acronyms.thefreedictionary.com/

> /Sorin (Who would go googling to find a site with listing obscure acronyms,
> but opts to work instead... ;-)

IMO, all acronyms are obscure. That is their primary purpose -
obscurity. This enhances the exclusivity of those in the "Profession"
and slows the entry of new blood, thereby increasing the incomes of
those familiar with the jargon.

As increased on-line communication came to be in vogue, the utility of
the acronym increased, ostensibly for greater communication
"efficiency". But they still serve their primary purpose.

YMMV >:-)

<snip sig stuff>

--
Bill

Old 10-29-2008, 09:06 AM
"Sorin Srbu"

William L. Maltby <> scribbled on Wednesday, October 29, 2008 10:45 AM:

>>> Geez! You guys hammer on others all the time, but then you "forget" to
>>> "edit the subject line" when replying to "digests", as requested by TPB.
>>
>> "TPB"?? The Pirate Bay?
>
> Arrrgh! I need two more cups of coffee. Should be TPTB.
>
> Anyway, for those poor folks that still have to work for a living and
> have no time to google, here's one link.
>
> http://acronyms.thefreedictionary.com/

Got your point; thanks! ;*)

/Sorin