-   -   system-auth on CentOS 5.2 (http://www.linux-archive.org/centos/182898-system-auth-centos-5-2-a.html)

"Semih Gokalp" 10-27-2008 12:18 PM

system-auth on CentOS 5.2

Hi al.I have a problem with pam.d authentication rules.

I searched on google and modified my system-auth file.Bu some rules
does not works properly

my system-auth like below:

--------------------------

auth required pam_env.so
auth required pam_tally.so onerr=fail per_user deny=3
auth sufficient pam_unix.so md5 nullok try_first_pass
auth requisite pam_succeed_if.so uid >= 500 quiet
auth required pam_deny.so

account required pam_tally.so
account required pam_unix.so
account sufficient pam_succeed_if.so uid < 500 quiet
account required pam_permit.so

password requisite pam_cracklib.so minlen=8 lcredit=2 ucredit=2
dcredit=2 ocredit=2 retry=3
password sufficient pam_unix.so md5 shadow nullok try_first_pass
use_authtok
password required pam_deny.so

session optional pam_keyinit.so revoke
session required pam_limits.so
session [success=1 default=ignore] pam_succeed_if.so service in
crond quiet use_uid
session required pam_unix.so

-------------------------------------

1-) Password is not stored md5 style in shadow file when i create new
user with password.
But when i change user password ,it is stored md5 style in shadow file.

2-) retry=3 is working good but minlen,lcredit,ucredit,dcredit,ocredit
does not work ? I can set password less then 8 lenght.

Where am i doing wrong ?

I looked sample configures on internet and
http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/libs/pam/Linux-PAM-html/old/pam-6.html

and it is same with my system-auth .Why
minlen,lcredit,ucredit,dcredit,ocredit while retry is working ?

Thanks for all helps.

--
Iyi calismalar.Basarilar...
Semih Gokalp