Old 10-26-2008, 06:12 PM
Niki Kovacs

Default RHEL 4 + 5 wallpaper?

Hi,

I know I know: upstream minus artwork. Nevertheless, I admit I'd like to
simply use the RHEL background wallpaper for my desktop. Something like:

http://www.oracle-base.com/articles/linux/images/rhel4/44-Desktop.jpg

Can't seem to find these (4 and 5). Any idea?

Cheers,

Niki

Old 10-26-2008, 07:31 PM
"Lanny Marcus"

On Sun, Oct 26, 2008 at 2:12 PM, Niki Kovacs <contact@kikinovak.net> wrote:
> I know I know: upstream minus artwork. Nevertheless, I admit I'd like to
> simply use the RHEL background wallpaper for my desktop. Something like:
>
> http://www.oracle-base.com/articles/linux/images/rhel4/44-Desktop.jpg
>
> Can't seem to find these (4 and 5). Any idea?

Niki: I know you use GNOME. Have you looked at the "Blue Swirl"
Desktop Wallpaper? It looks fairly close to the one in the above URL.
Lanny

Old 10-26-2008, 09:27 PM
Spike Turner

Niki Kovacs wrote:

> I know I know: upstream minus artwork. Nevertheless, I
> admit I'd like to
> simply use the RHEL background wallpaper for my desktop.
> Something like:
>
> http://www.oracle-base.com/articles/linux/images/rhel4/44-Desktop.jpg
>
> Can't seem to find these (4 and 5). Any idea?

Is that a screenshot of RHEL or "Unbreakable Linux" Oracles
own rebuild? I use CentOS as a server but I would have
thought the CentOS 4 rpms

- desktop-backgrounds-basic.noarch
- desktop-backgrounds-extra.noarch

would give you a decent variety?

Spike.

Old 10-26-2008, 09:55 PM
Niki Kovacs

Spike Turner a écrit :

- desktop-backgrounds-basic.noarch
- desktop-backgrounds-extra.noarch

would give you a decent variety?

Reminds me of that Gary Larson joke:

- Hi, I'd like vanilla icecream.
- Wouldn't you rather have wood / liver / corn?

So let me insist: I want *that* specific wallpaper. On *my* desktop.

Old 10-26-2008, 10:01 PM
Spike Turner

Niki Kovacs wrote:

> So let me insist: I want *that* specific wallpaper.
> On *my* desktop.

Would you like your wallpaper with cream and
sugar as well? 1-800-WALLPAPER.

Spike.

Old 10-26-2008, 11:59 PM
Karanbir Singh

Niki Kovacs wrote:

http://www.oracle-base.com/articles/linux/images/rhel4/44-Desktop.jpg

Can't seem to find these (4 and 5). Any idea?

ftp.redhat.com - get + rebuild their .src.rpm, that wont have any centos
patches in there

Old 10-27-2008, 08:16 AM
Tru Huynh

On Sun, Oct 26, 2008 at 11:55:09PM +0100, Niki Kovacs wrote:
> So let me insist: I want *that* specific wallpaper. On *my* desktop.
Get Red Hat trademarked pictures from the src.rpm,
rebuild them for yourself and DON'T distribute them.

See your lawyer and the EULA you have agreed by downloading
the files at http://www.redhat.com/licenses/rhel_rha_eula.html

Tru

Old 10-27-2008, 09:21 AM
Niki Kovacs

Karanbir Singh a écrit :

ftp.redhat.com - get + rebuild their .src.rpm, that wont have any centos
patches in there

Of course! (Slap my forehead)

Thanks!