Old 10-26-2008, 11:50 AM

Default OT: reset IBM Bladecenter AMM web access

Hi all,
Sorry for the OT.
Does anyone can share to how to reset an IBM Bladecenter Advance
Management Module web access?
Recently, I've got an IBM Bladecenter chassis E 8677. There's no one in
the office who knows about the IP nor the password for it.
Thank you,
http://linux2.arinet.org
13:10:54 up 5:02, 2.6.24-18-generic GNU/Linux
The real challenge of teaching is getting your students motivated to learn.

Old 10-26-2008, 12:04 PM
Peter Hinse

fajarpri@cbn.net.id schrieb:

> Sorry for the OT.
> Does anyone can share to how to reset an IBM Bladecenter Advance
> Management Module web access?
> Recently, I've got an IBM Bladecenter chassis E 8677. There's no one in
> the office who knows about the IP nor the password for it.

IIRC, the default IP is in the 192.168.70.0/24 network. Default User/PW
is USERID/PASSW0RD (zero, not "o"). I just can't find the doc on how to
reset to defaults.

Regards,

Peter

Old 10-26-2008, 12:37 PM
Rainer Duffner

Does anyone can share to how to reset an IBM Bladecenter Advance
Management Module web access?
Recently, I've got an IBM Bladecenter chassis E 8677. There's no
one in

the office who knows about the IP nor the password for it.

IIRC, the default IP is in the 192.168.70.0/24 network. Default User/
PW
is USERID/PASSW0RD (zero, not "o"). I just can't find the doc on how

reset to defaults.

The MM has a webserver running (if you can connect to it), that
allows to reboot the whole MM.
Blades are not affected (you can pull both MMs and the blades continue
to work).

I absolutely hate that piece of hardware/software.

Rainer

Old 10-26-2008, 12:47 PM
Fabian Arrotin

fajarpri@cbn.net.id wrote:

Hi all,
Sorry for the OT.
Does anyone can share to how to reset an IBM Bladecenter Advance
Management Module web access?
Recently, I've got an IBM Bladecenter chassis E 8677. There's no one in
the office who knows about the IP nor the password for it.
Thank you,

As already answered by someone else, the default IP is 192.168.70.125/24
and the default user/password is USER/PASSW0RD (with a zero and not o)
If that doesn't work, you can still reset the whole MM config :
http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/abstracts/tips0519.html?Open

But i assume you already searched for that, right ?
--
-
Fabian Arrotin <fabian.arrotin@arrfab.net>

Old 10-26-2008, 12:57 PM
Rainer Duffner

Does anyone can share to how to reset an IBM Bladecenter Advance
Management Module web access?
Recently, I've got an IBM Bladecenter chassis E 8677. There's no
one in

the office who knows about the IP nor the password for it.
Thank you,

As already answered by someone else, the default IP is
192.168.70.125/24 and the default user/password is USER/PASSW0RD
(with a zero and not o)

If that doesn't work, you can still reset the whole MM config : http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/abstracts/tips0519.html?Open
But i assume you already searched for that, right ?

The default IP is useless to him, unless he has a laptop or some other
system connected to it cross-over or at least on the same switch.
He's at home right now, I guess, so he should look for someone who
does know the real IP of that MM.
Because to reset it to factory-default, you've got to have physical
access (at which point he could just removed it from the BC and plug
it in again...).

Rainer

Old 10-26-2008, 01:08 PM
Fajar Priyanto

Old 10-26-2008, 04:21 PM
John R Pierce

Rainer Duffner wrote:
The default IP is useless to him, unless he has a laptop or some other
system connected to it cross-over or at least on the same switch.
He's at home right now, I guess, so he should look for someone who
does know the real IP of that MM.
Because to reset it to factory-default, you've got to have physical
access (at which point he could just removed it from the BC and plug
it in again...).

um, simply unplugging it is not going to reset it to factory defaults,
as the config is stored in NVRAM.

when you've reset its IP and username per the page given
http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/abstracts/tips0519.html?Open
as the article says, it will default to DHCP, so you'll need to dig into
your DHCP server's cache and find out what IP it was assigned based on
its MAC address

If this network segment doesn't HAVE dhcp, you get to access it from a
host on the SAME LAN segment which has had a 192.168.70.xxxx IP added
... you can 'remote desktop' to a windows machine on that vlan, or ssh
-X to a 'nix system, and config said target to have an extra address
192.168.70.xxx then access the MM via a browser run on said remote host
and reconfigure it.

whomever earlier 'knocked' the IBM AMM, I dunno, I think they are damn
nifty, at least as nice as HP's iLO or Dell's DRAC.

Old 10-26-2008, 04:37 PM
Rainer Duffner

The default IP is useless to him, unless he has a laptop or some
other system connected to it cross-over or at least on the same
switch.
He's at home right now, I guess, so he should look for someone who
does know the real IP of that MM.
Because to reset it to factory-default, you've got to have physical
access (at which point he could just removed it from the BC and
plug it in again...).

um, simply unplugging it is not going to reset it to factory
defaults, as the config is stored in NVRAM.

Yep.
The the OP didn't want to factory-reset it.
Someone else brought-up that subject.
He just wanted to reboot it (which is needed often...)

when you've reset its IP and username per the page given http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/abstracts/tips0519.html?Open
as the article says, it will default to DHCP, so you'll need to dig
into your DHCP server's cache and find out what IP it was assigned
based on its MAC address

If this network segment doesn't HAVE dhcp, you get to access it from
a host on the SAME LAN segment which has had a 192.168.70.xxxx IP
added ... you can 'remote desktop' to a windows machine on that
vlan, or ssh -X to a 'nix system, and config said target to have an
extra address 192.168.70.xxx then access the MM via a browser run on
said remote host and reconfigure it.

whomever earlier 'knocked' the IBM AMM, I dunno, I think they are
damn nifty, at least as nice as HP's iLO or Dell's DRAC.

That was me.
They require reboots from time to time, especially if you work a lot
with them.
Maybe it got better in later firmwares - but the problem was that they
didn't stop working outright, they just didn't work 100%.
While you were wondering why some particular thing didn't work, all
that was needed was a reboot....

Rainer