Old 10-24-2008, 09:54 PM
"Erick Perez"

Default Help with a sun cobalt with sendmail and centos with postfix

Hi bill. not sure what you want me to look there. The Cobalt will go
away and will probably be used in other task. We are not trying to
rescue it.

Old 10-24-2008, 09:54 PM
"Erick Perez"

Old 10-24-2008, 09:56 PM
"Erick Perez"

On Fri, Oct 24, 2008 at 3:22 PM, mouss <mouss@netoyen.net> wrote:
> Erick Perez a écrit :
>> Hi,
>> I have a customer with a sun cobalt running Sendmail 8.10.2/8.10.2 and
>> we are phasing out the sun cube due to some limitations. So we have
>> installed a new centos 5.x server.
>> the format of our current emails are username@domain.com and the new
>> format will be name.lastname@domain.com. We have 1600 accounts.
>>
>> Both server are in the LAN.
>>
>> The MX record that the world sees, point to our current AV/AntiSpam
>> appliance, then our AV appliance forwards to the mail server (its a
>> trendmicro IMSS)
>> The AV appliance lets me define rules that emails for
>> username@domain.com should be sent to the mailserver with the cube,
>> and it also let me define a rule for name.lastname@domain.com to be
>> sent to the centos machine, so I have covered the "from internet"
>> inbound email issue.
>> going out to the internet, both servers can send emails perfectly.
>>
>> However,
>> Since both servers will "answer" to the same domain, i need some
>> guidance as to how to
>> 1- If user hosted on the Sun sendmail Cube sends emails to
>> name.lastname@domain.com, make the Cube forward/send the email to the
>> Centos machine.
>> 2- If user hosted in centos, sends email to username@domain.com, make
>> the POSTFIX forward/send the email to the Cube machine.
>>

> for the postfix side, use transport_maps:
>
> username@domain.com relay:[remote.host.example]
> (use the brakets to avoid MX lookups).
>

>> Due to internal regulations i must say that:
>> 1- users cannot be moved all at once.
>> 2- centos machine must use postfix - not sendmail. I can however,
>> install sendmail on centos and make it listen in another port other
>> than 25 if some solution arises that needs sendmail in both sides.
>>
>> Anyways, any guidance as to how to solve this mess is welcomed!!!!
>>
>> Thanks,

i read about transport maps in postfix, just tried and worked perfectly. thanks,
now i have to figure the sendmail part (i think virtusertable)

Do you know how to make the sendmail part?

Old 10-24-2008, 10:17 PM
Les Mikesell

Erick Perez wrote:

However,
Since both servers will "answer" to the same domain, i need some
guidance as to how to
1- If user hosted on the Sun sendmail Cube sends emails to
name.lastname@domain.com, make the Cube forward/send the email to the
Centos machine.
2- If user hosted in centos, sends email to username@domain.com, make
the POSTFIX forward/send the email to the Cube machine.

for the postfix side, use transport_maps:

username@domain.com relay:[remote.host.example]
(use the brakets to avoid MX lookups).

i read about transport maps in postfix, just tried and worked perfectly. thanks,
now i have to figure the sendmail part (i think virtusertable)

Do you know how to make the sendmail part?

If you are already accepting for the domain in question, all you need
are aliases. Just be careful you don't set up a loop as you move people.

--
Les Mikesell
lesmikesell@gmail.com

Old 10-24-2008, 10:19 PM
MHR

On Fri, Oct 24, 2008 at 2:56 PM, Erick Perez <eaperezh@gmail.com> wrote:

> i read about transport maps in postfix, just tried and worked perfectly. thanks,
> now i have to figure the sendmail part (i think virtusertable)
>
> Do you know how to make the sendmail part?

Now that you are bottom posting (thank you), could you also trim your
replies to just the relevant parts?

TIA.

mhr

Old 10-24-2008, 10:30 PM
Bill Campbell

On Fri, Oct 24, 2008, Erick Perez wrote:
>Hi bill. not sure what you want me to look there. The Cobalt will go
>away and will probably be used in other task. We are not trying to
>rescue it.

It was just a FYI post as many may not know of Bluequartz. I have a
customer who is still running a bunch of Cobalt Raq<somthings> hosting web
sites at a regional ISP. I had one Raq here for a while. The most benefit
I got out of it was digging into its Apache configuration files to learn
about mod_rewrite and such.

Bill
Voice: (206) 236-1676 Mercer Island, WA 98040-0820
Fax: (206) 232-9186

Cutting the space budget really restores my faith in humanity. It
business of hate, debauchery, and self-annihilation. -- Johnny Hart