Old 10-24-2008, 08:10 PM
"Erick Perez"

Default Help with a sun cobalt with sendmail and centos with postfix

Hi,
I have a customer with a sun cobalt running Sendmail 8.10.2/8.10.2 and
we are phasing out the sun cube due to some limitations. So we have
installed a new centos 5.x server.
the format of our current emails are username@domain.com and the new
format will be name.lastname@domain.com. We have 1600 accounts.

Both server are in the LAN.

The MX record that the world sees, point to our current AV/AntiSpam
appliance, then our AV appliance forwards to the mail server (its a
trendmicro IMSS)
The AV appliance lets me define rules that emails for
username@domain.com should be sent to the mailserver with the cube,
and it also let me define a rule for name.lastname@domain.com to be
sent to the centos machine, so I have covered the "from internet"
inbound email issue.
going out to the internet, both servers can send emails perfectly.

However,
Since both servers will "answer" to the same domain, i need some
guidance as to how to
1- If user hosted on the Sun sendmail Cube sends emails to
name.lastname@domain.com, make the Cube forward/send the email to the
Centos machine.
2- If user hosted in centos, sends email to username@domain.com, make
the POSTFIX forward/send the email to the Cube machine.

Due to internal regulations i must say that:
1- users cannot be moved all at once.
2- centos machine must use postfix - not sendmail. I can however,
install sendmail on centos and make it listen in another port other
than 25 if some solution arises that needs sendmail in both sides.

Anyways, any guidance as to how to solve this mess is welcomed!!!!

Thanks,

Old 10-24-2008, 08:14 PM
Bill Campbell

Have you looked at the BlueQuartz project? It is specifically
for the Cobalts, and I think is CentOS based.

http://bluequartz.org/

On Fri, Oct 24, 2008, Erick Perez wrote:
>Hi,
>I have a customer with a sun cobalt running Sendmail 8.10.2/8.10.2 and
>we are phasing out the sun cube due to some limitations. So we have
>installed a new centos 5.x server.
>the format of our current emails are username@domain.com and the new
>format will be name.lastname@domain.com. We have 1600 accounts.
>
>Both server are in the LAN.
>
>The MX record that the world sees, point to our current AV/AntiSpam
>appliance, then our AV appliance forwards to the mail server (its a
>trendmicro IMSS)
>The AV appliance lets me define rules that emails for
>username@domain.com should be sent to the mailserver with the cube,
>and it also let me define a rule for name.lastname@domain.com to be
>sent to the centos machine, so I have covered the "from internet"
>inbound email issue.
>going out to the internet, both servers can send emails perfectly.
>
>However,
>Since both servers will "answer" to the same domain, i need some
>guidance as to how to
>1- If user hosted on the Sun sendmail Cube sends emails to
>name.lastname@domain.com, make the Cube forward/send the email to the
>Centos machine.
>2- If user hosted in centos, sends email to username@domain.com, make
>the POSTFIX forward/send the email to the Cube machine.
>
>Due to internal regulations i must say that:
>1- users cannot be moved all at once.
>2- centos machine must use postfix - not sendmail. I can however,
>install sendmail on centos and make it listen in another port other
>than 25 if some solution arises that needs sendmail in both sides.
>
>Anyways, any guidance as to how to solve this mess is welcomed!!!!
>
>Thanks,
>
>--

Bill
Voice: (206) 236-1676 Mercer Island, WA 98040-0820
Fax: (206) 232-9186

accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give
orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch
manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die
gallantly. Specialization is for insects. Robert Heinlein

Old 10-24-2008, 08:22 PM
mouss

Erick Perez a écrit :
> Hi,
> I have a customer with a sun cobalt running Sendmail 8.10.2/8.10.2 and
> we are phasing out the sun cube due to some limitations. So we have
> installed a new centos 5.x server.
> the format of our current emails are username@domain.com and the new
> format will be name.lastname@domain.com. We have 1600 accounts.
>
> Both server are in the LAN.
>
> The MX record that the world sees, point to our current AV/AntiSpam
> appliance, then our AV appliance forwards to the mail server (its a
> trendmicro IMSS)
> The AV appliance lets me define rules that emails for
> username@domain.com should be sent to the mailserver with the cube,
> and it also let me define a rule for name.lastname@domain.com to be
> sent to the centos machine, so I have covered the "from internet"
> inbound email issue.
> going out to the internet, both servers can send emails perfectly.
>
> However,
> Since both servers will "answer" to the same domain, i need some
> guidance as to how to
> 1- If user hosted on the Sun sendmail Cube sends emails to
> name.lastname@domain.com, make the Cube forward/send the email to the
> Centos machine.
> 2- If user hosted in centos, sends email to username@domain.com, make
> the POSTFIX forward/send the email to the Cube machine.

for the postfix side, use transport_maps:

username@domain.com relay:[remote.host.example]
(use the brakets to avoid MX lookups).