Old 10-23-2008, 04:31 PM
"David Hláčik"

Default rsync mirroring

Hello guys,

we have a production server named prod-server
we have a mirror server named storage-server .

I want to mirror a downloadsite on production server to a mirror
server , but i want to keep all files from production server on mirror
server .

More explicitly.

If i will have a file named "myproduct.exe" on production server ,
which is allready mirrored on mirror server , and i will delete it on
production server, i want to have an original file renamed to
myproduct.exe_DATE_OF_DELETION and then new myproduct.exe normally
mirrored as before.
Basically - I want to backup all changes

I am syncing using

rsync -avz .........

Should i add --backup --suffix = $(date) and thats it?

Thanks in advance!

David

Old 10-26-2008, 02:40 AM
Rick

In article <cba415ca0810230931m73aa411ew36884474f67bb9e@mail. gmail.com>,
David Hlik <centos@centos.org> wrote:

>Should i add --backup --suffix = $(date) and thats it?

Why not just setup a test and see?

--
http://yosemitenews.info/