Old 10-23-2008, 10:45 AM
Spike Turner

Default KIVIO

Gopinath Achari wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I need Koffice-kivio package for centos
> 5.2 (i386)
> I downloaded this package from kde.org site. when i
> installed. It
> generated lots of dependency errors even though the
> dependency packages
> are installed
> please Help me out . I need kivio ( Equivalent to Visio)

Talk to the kde.org people. Did you first check to see
the package was not in any 3rd party repos? When you
do what you have done and break your system you get
to keep the pieces.

Spike.

Old 10-23-2008, 12:00 PM
Rex Dieter

Gopinath Achari wrote:

> I need Koffice-kivio package for centos 5.2 (i386)
> I downloaded this package from kde.org site. when i installed. It
> generated lots of dependency errors even though the dependency packages
> are installed
> please Help me out . I need kivio ( Equivalent to Visio)

It has been built for EPEL, but hasn't been pushed yet.
KBS-Extras?

In the meantime, you can try rebuilding from source:
http://kdeforge.unl.edu/apt/kde-redhat/all/SRPMS.stable/koffice-1.6.3-16.src.rpm

rpmbuild -bb --define "rhel 5" koffice*.src.rpm
(all necessary build deps are in EPEL already)

-- Rex