Old 12-12-2007, 02:09 PM
Jerry Geis

Default centos 5.1 and gimp

When using gimp on centos 5.1 when I select File save
it never comes back with a dialog to save the file.

Is something broken on gimp?

Jerry

Old 12-12-2007, 02:26 PM
Ralph Angenendt

Jerry Geis wrote:
> When using gimp on centos 5.1 when I select File save
> it never comes back with a dialog to save the file.

Are you trying to "Save" a file which you opened with gimp (meaning: Is
it already on your hard disk or did you 'acquire' it from a camera or a
scanner)? If it already is on your disk: "Save" saves the file over the
existing one.

If you want to save it to a new file use "Save as".

> Is something broken on gimp?

No.

Ralph

Old 12-12-2007, 02:26 PM
"Akemi Yagi"

On Dec 12, 2007 7:09 AM, Jerry Geis <geisj@pagestation.com> wrote:
> When using gimp on centos 5.1 when I select File save
> it never comes back with a dialog to save the file.
>
> Is something broken on gimp?
>
> Jerry

Try "Save as" to see if that gives you a dialog. Or, create a new
file and then "Save".

Akemi

Old 12-12-2007, 02:50 PM
Jerry Geis

erry Geis wrote:
> When using gimp on centos 5.1 when I select File save
> it never comes back with a dialog to save the file.

Are you trying to "Save" a file which you opened with gimp (meaning: Is
it already on your hard disk or did you 'acquire' it from a camera or a
scanner)? If it already is on your disk: "Save" saves the file over the
existing one.

If you want to save it to a new file use "Save as".

> Is something broken on gimp?

No.

I am trying to do save as and a dialog window does not open to let me
save anything.

I am also trying to select File Open and a dialog box does not pop up
to let me open a file.

I have straight 5.1 installed.

Jerry

Old 12-12-2007, 05:16 PM
"Jim Perrin"

On a different note (and apologies for top posting, but it doesn't
pertain to this subject)

Jerry,
Please fix your mail client or however you have things set up for
filtering. It's breaking threading for subjects every time you post or
reply. Please see
http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos/2007-December/thread.html for
examples of this. Or really any other month where you've posted, then
replied.

> I am trying to do save as and a dialog window does not open to let me save
> anything.
>
> I am also trying to select File Open and a dialog box does not pop up to
> let me open a file.
>
> I have straight 5.1 installed.
>
> Jerry

George Orwell

Old 12-13-2007, 01:46 AM
Jerry Geis

Jerry Geis wrote:

When using gimp on centos 5.1 when I select File save
it never comes back with a dialog to save the file.

Is something broken on gimp?

Jerry

Seems as though running gimp as root does not
bring up any dialog boxes. I was running "gimp &" from a console window
and the window I was logged in as root.

Side note: I hope this shows in the thread.

Jerry