-   -   Redhat enterprise rpm (http://www.linux-archive.org/centos/180664-redhat-enterprise-rpm.html)

Karanbir Singh 10-22-2008 04:55 PM

Redhat enterprise rpm

ann kok wrote:

Hi all

We are difficult to get rpm in our system running redhat enterpirse

Can you use the centos rpm to install in redhat eneterprise?

What software are you looking to install ? Make sure that your redhat
support people dont have any problems with it ( in most cases they wont
- just talk to them once ).

A lot of open source projects dont publish packages specifically marked
for RedhatEL since they dont have access to it. That does not mean it
wont work there!

- KB

Spike Turner 10-23-2008 10:09 AM

Redhat enterprise rpm

ann kok wrote:

> We are difficult to get rpm in our system running redhat
> enterpirse
>
> Can you use the centos rpm to install in redhat
> eneterprise?

What rpm are you trying to install? Care to give more details?
There could be an rpm for RHEL/CentOS in one of the 3rd party
repos.

> ARe they compatible?
>
> Thank you

CentOS is basically RHEL without the trademarks so it is
compatible.

Spike.