Old 10-20-2008, 05:31 PM
Kai Schaetzl

Default Finding the correct ext3-fs dm/LVM?

I'm getting ext3-fs maximal mount count warnings on logical volumes that
are regularly mounted und unmounted for backup. Of course, I can just
tune2fs all of them to stop that. But, if I wanted to find out for
instance which one "dm-16" is, how do I do that?

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany

Old 10-20-2008, 05:36 PM
Luciano Rocha

On Mon, Oct 20, 2008 at 07:31:22PM +0200, Kai Schaetzl wrote:
> I'm getting ext3-fs maximal mount count warnings on logical volumes that
> are regularly mounted und unmounted for backup. Of course, I can just
> tune2fs all of them to stop that. But, if I wanted to find out for
> instance which one "dm-16" is, how do I do that?

ls -l /dev/mapper | grep 16

--
lfr
0/0

Old 10-20-2008, 05:37 PM
Luciano Rocha

On Mon, Oct 20, 2008 at 06:36:30PM +0100, Luciano Rocha wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 20, 2008 at 07:31:22PM +0200, Kai Schaetzl wrote:
> > I'm getting ext3-fs maximal mount count warnings on logical volumes that
> > are regularly mounted und unmounted for backup. Of course, I can just
> > tune2fs all of them to stop that. But, if I wanted to find out for
> > instance which one "dm-16" is, how do I do that?
>
> ls -l /dev/mapper | grep 16

A higher-level approach:

# dmsetup ls

--
lfr
0/0

Old 10-20-2008, 07:31 PM
Kai Schaetzl

Luciano Rocha wrote on Mon, 20 Oct 2008 18:37:58 +0100:

> # dmsetup ls

thanks, this works great. It works better with grepping:
dmsetup ls|grep "16)" as the other one can easily match much more lines
(half of my devices were mounted last time at 16 minutes ;-)

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany