Linux Archive

Linux Archive (http://www.linux-archive.org/)
-   CentOS (http://www.linux-archive.org/centos/)
-   -   Recent CentOS4 kernel update (http://www.linux-archive.org/centos/179286-recent-centos4-kernel-update.html)

James Fidell 10-20-2008 07:13 AM

Recent CentOS4 kernel update
 
I see an update for the CentOS4 kernel, to 2.6.9-78.0.5.EL, has appeared
over the weekend. I've not seen anything on the announce list for it
though. Have I missed something?

James
_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos

Spike Turner 10-20-2008 10:38 AM

Recent CentOS4 kernel update
 
James Fidell wrote:

> I see an update for the CentOS4 kernel, to 2.6.9-78.0.5.EL,
> has appeared over the weekend. I've not seen anything on the
> announce list for it though. Have I missed something?
>

The kernels were actually in the updates directory on the
same date as they were released upstream.

http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos/2008-October/066154.html

Maybe the announcement was posted to the Nahant-list? :-)

Spike.

__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
http://mail.yahoo.com

_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos

Peter Riley 10-20-2008 03:06 PM

Recent CentOS4 kernel update
 
Spike Turner wrote:
> James Fidell wrote:
>
>> I see an update for the CentOS4 kernel, to 2.6.9-78.0.5.EL,
>> has appeared over the weekend. I've not seen anything on the
>> announce list for it though. Have I missed something?
>>
>
> The kernels were actually in the updates directory on the
> same date as they were released upstream.
>
> http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos/2008-October/066154.html
>
> Maybe the announcement was posted to the Nahant-list? :-)
>
> Spike.
>

Also the kernel-doc-2.6.9-78.0.5.EL.noarch.rpm package is missing
from that updates directory on the mirrors, though it was released
upstream

http://rhn.redhat.com/errata/RHBA-2008-0859.html

PWR
_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos

Karanbir Singh 10-20-2008 04:24 PM

Recent CentOS4 kernel update
 
Spike Turner wrote:

The kernels were actually in the updates directory on the
same date as they were released upstream.

http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos/2008-October/066154.html

Maybe the announcement was posted to the Nahant-list? :-)


This kernel was a RHBA update upstream, none of the RHBA / EA updates
are announced in CentOS4 or upstream

_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos

"RobertH" 10-20-2008 09:24 PM

Recent CentOS4 kernel update
 
>
> Also the kernel-doc-2.6.9-78.0.5.EL.noarch.rpm package is
> missing from that updates directory on the mirrors, though it
> was released upstream
>
> http://rhn.redhat.com/errata/RHBA-2008-0859.html
>

anyone?

ummm i was thinking, i seem to recall that the upstream kernel was foob'd
and causing major problems

isnt why this one is out so soon?

correct?

- rh

_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos

Johnny Hughes 10-20-2008 10:42 PM

Recent CentOS4 kernel update
 
Peter Riley wrote:
> Spike Turner wrote:
>> James Fidell wrote:
>>
>>> I see an update for the CentOS4 kernel, to 2.6.9-78.0.5.EL,
>>> has appeared over the weekend. I've not seen anything on the
>>> announce list for it though. Have I missed something?
>>>
>> The kernels were actually in the updates directory on the
>> same date as they were released upstream.
>>
>> http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos/2008-October/066154.html
>>
>> Maybe the announcement was posted to the Nahant-list? :-)
>>
>> Spike.
>>
>
> Also the kernel-doc-2.6.9-78.0.5.EL.noarch.rpm package is missing
> from that updates directory on the mirrors, though it was released
> upstream
>
> http://rhn.redhat.com/errata/RHBA-2008-0859.html
>

The kernel-doc file is there now as well ...

Also, as KB said, I do not announce RHBA's or RHEA's as they are not
announced upstream on the rhel-watchlist either.

Thanks,
Johnny Hughes

_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:11 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.