FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > CentOS > CentOS

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 10-17-2008, 11:34 AM
Marko Vojinovic
 
Default How to view djvu files?

Greetings to everyone!

On Fedora I used to use djvulibre package for djvu files, but I cannot seem to find this in any CentOS repositores out there. Google also does not help, nor searching list archives. :-(

I have found the .rpm file for RHEL 4, but when I tried to install it (hoping that it just might work) rpm refused to install with the error:

file /usr/share/mimelnk/image/x-djvu.desktop from install of djvulibre-3.5.17-1.el4.rf conflicts with file from package kdelibs-3.5.4-16.el5.centos

I' out of ideas. What package (or viewer) provides djvu functionality?

CentOS 5.2, fully updated.

Best, :-)
Marko



__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
http://mail.yahoo.com
_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
 
Old 10-17-2008, 11:55 AM
Spike Turner
 
Default How to view djvu files?

Marko Vojinovic wrote:

> On Fedora I used to use djvulibre package for djvu files,
> but I cannot seem to find this in any CentOS repositores out
> there. Google also does not help, nor searching list
> archives. :-(
>
> I have found the .rpm file for RHEL 4, but when I tried to
> install it (hoping that it just might work) rpm refused to
> install with the error:
>
> file /usr/share/mimelnk/image/x-djvu.desktop from install
> of djvulibre-3.5.17-1.el4.rf conflicts with file from
> package kdelibs-3.5.4-16.el5.centos
>
> CentOS 5.2, fully updated.
>

You cannot get an rpm for CentOS 4 and hope it will "just work"
on CentOS 5. What repositories have you got configured as
djvulibre-3.5.17-1.el4.rf is for el4?

Try and use yum with properly configured 3rd party repos
or you will break your system chunking in rpms from all
over the place.

See http://wiki.centos.org/PackageManagement/Yum

Spike.

__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
http://mail.yahoo.com

_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
 
Old 10-17-2008, 12:25 PM
Marko Vojinovic
 
Default How to view djvu files?

--- On Fri, 10/17/08, Spike Turner <spiketurner09@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Marko Vojinovic wrote:
> You cannot get an rpm for CentOS 4 and hope it will
> "just work"
> on CentOS 5. What repositories have you got configured as
> djvulibre-3.5.17-1.el4.rf is for el4?

I didn't get this rpm using yum, but by manually downloading it. Yum is configured properly:

[vmarko@sith ~]$ yum repolist
Loading "fastestmirror" plugin
repo id repo name status
addons CentOS-5 - Addons enabled
adobe-linux-i386 Adobe Systems Incorporated enabled
base CentOS-5 - Base enabled
epel Extra Packages for Enterprise Linux 5 - enabled
extras CentOS-5 - Extras enabled
rpmforge Red Hat Enterprise 5 - RPMforge.net - da enabled
updates CentOS-5 - Updates enabled

> Try and use yum with properly configured 3rd party repos

[vmarko@sith ~]$ yum search djvu
Loading "fastestmirror" plugin
Loading mirror speeds from cached hostfile
* epel: ftp-stud.hs-esslingen.de
* adobe-linux-i386: linuxdownload.adobe.com
* rpmforge: ftp-stud.fht-esslingen.de
* base: mirror.nsc.liu.se
* updates: centosh.centos.org
* addons: centosh.centos.org
* extras: mirror.nsc.liu.se
No Matches found

So yum does not help here, or I need another repository which has djvulibre package for CentOS 5.2, or some other way to be able to view djvu files. Please give some advise on this.

> or you will break your system chunking in rpms from all
> over the place.

I am aware of this. In general I prefer using yum over any other option, but it seems I am out of usual options here, so I've tried the less viable ones (and was not successful).

Best, :-)
Marko



__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
http://mail.yahoo.com
_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
 
Old 10-17-2008, 01:03 PM
Spike Turner
 
Default How to view djvu files?

Marko Vojinovic wrote:

> So yum does not help here, or I need another repository
> which has djvulibre package for CentOS 5.2, or some other
> way to be able to view djvu files. Please give some advise
> on this.
>

A quick glance at the kbs repo http://centos.karan.org/
shows an rpm in testing djvulibre-3.5.19-4.el5.kb.i386.rpm
but you can have a glance at the repoview.

Also configure the yum plugins and the priorities of which
the details are on the CentOS wiki.

Hope this helps!

Spike.


__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
http://mail.yahoo.com

_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
 
Old 10-17-2008, 04:13 PM
Marko Vojinovic
 
Default How to view djvu files?

--- On Fri, 10/17/08, Spike Turner <spiketurner09@yahoo.com> wrote:
> A quick glance at the kbs repo http://centos.karan.org/
> shows an rpm in testing djvulibre-3.5.19-4.el5.kb.i386.rpm
> but you can have a glance at the repoview.

Aha! Ok, I was not aware of the kbs repo. I see the djvulibre in testing, so will try it out. Hopefully there is not too much to be broken in it... :-)

Thanks! :-)
Marko



__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
http://mail.yahoo.com
_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
 
Old 10-17-2008, 10:51 PM
Scott Silva
 
Default How to view djvu files?

on 10-17-2008 9:13 AM Marko Vojinovic spake the following:
> --- On Fri, 10/17/08, Spike Turner <spiketurner09-/E1597aS9LQAvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org> wrote:
>> A quick glance at the kbs repo http://centos.karan.org/
>> shows an rpm in testing djvulibre-3.5.19-4.el5.kb.i386.rpm
>> but you can have a glance at the repoview.
>
> Aha! Ok, I was not aware of the kbs repo. I see the djvulibre in testing, so will try it out.
Hopefully there is not too much to be broken in it... :-)
>
usually things go into testing until people actually try it and report back
that it worked for them. Enough positive reports tends to get things moved
from testing to stable.


--
MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and
you notice quickly if they don't!!!!

_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 09:41 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org