-   -   Problems with Thunderbird (http://www.linux-archive.org/centos/177316-problems-thunderbird.html)

"ArcosCom Linux User" 10-16-2008 08:38 AM

Problems with Thunderbird

On new CentOS 5.2 installation (and ugradation before config the diferent
programs I use), I'm having problems with Thunderbird 2.0.0.17.

Problem 1:

I configured my e-mail account (as I have in my old machine) and I have no
access to my pop3 and/or smtp servers. I write my user for the access, but
thunderbird no ask my password anytime.

Problem 2:

I installed lightning, but I can't add any new calendar to it (local or
remote).

Does anyone have these problems or knows how to solve them?

Regards

"Lanny Marcus" 10-18-2008 07:59 PM

Problems with Thunderbird

On Thu, Oct 16, 2008 at 3:38 AM, ArcosCom Linux User <linux@arcoscom.com> wrote:
> On new CentOS 5.2 installation (and ugradation before config the diferent
> programs I use), I'm having problems with Thunderbird 2.0.0.17.
> Problem 1:
> I configured my e-mail account (as I have in my old machine) and I have no
> access to my pop3 and/or smtp servers. I write my user for the access, but
> thunderbird no ask my password anytime.

I am using Thunderbird 2.0.0.17 (20081001) on CentOS 5.2 (32 bit). I
am using it with Gmail, using IMAP and SMTP. I do not have any
problems with it. Please check all of your configuration settings,
again, and verify that they are correct. You will get a pop up, asking
for your password, if your POP3 or IMAP or SMTP server requires it,
which it probably will.

> Problem 2:
> I installed lightning, but I can't add any new calendar to it (local or
> remote).

No idea what that is, so I can't help you on that one.

Mogens Kjaer 10-19-2008 10:35 AM

Problems with Thunderbird

ArcosCom Linux User wrote:

I installed lightning, but I can't add any new calendar to it (local or
remote).

I had the same problem on a Fedora 9 machine.

Some required lib files were missing.

You can try to locate the file libcalbasecomps.so and
do an ldd on it and see what is missing (ignore libxpcom_core.so).

Mogens
Phone: +45 33 27 53 25, Fax: +45 33 27 47 08
Email: mk@crc.dk Homepage: http://www.crc.dk

KH 03-23-2010 10:43 AM

Problems with thunderbird

Hi,

I just updated thunderbird. Now I have two problems:

The rss feed only shows the title. It used to show the whole everything.
How can I change that? I want to read the complete rss article.

Then I tried to set firefox as default for opening
http://www.stuff.whatever . This does not work. Where in about:config
can I change that, again?

Regards kh

Nikos Chantziaras 03-23-2010 02:40 PM