FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > CentOS > CentOS

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 10-14-2008, 07:34 PM
"bruce"
 
Default App Question.

Hi list!!

Got a question, and I can't find a good answer for, so I figured i'd post
here. I'm working on a project that involves a number of smaller apps to be
developed, and run. In order to build this overall application, I'm trying
to find a web based app that I can use to manage the entire process.

I need to be able to create the basic app, and then to test the app, and
then to run the app in a production environment. I need to be able to
schedule when the app is tested/run in the production system, as well as be
able to track the status of the test/production app. My overall system will
have 100's of these smaller child apps.

Has anyone heard of, or have any pointers to any kind of webbased app that I
can use (open source) to manage this entire kind of process. I would prefer
a web based app, that runs on a LAMP platform to manage this overall
process....

Thanks


_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
 
Old 10-14-2008, 10:14 PM
Karanbir Singh
 
Default App Question.

bruce wrote:

Got a question, and I can't find a good answer for, so I figured i'd post
here. I'm working on a project that involves a number of smaller apps to be
developed, and run. In order to build this overall application, I'm trying
to find a web based app that I can use to manage the entire process.


a) dont crosspost, its considered a waste of space
b) your email is OffTopic here.

--
Karanbir Singh : http://www.karan.org/ : 2522219@icq
_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
 
Old 10-14-2008, 11:21 PM
"bruce"
 
Default App Question.

Karanbir

in this case, i disagree. we're looking for a tool, that may very well exist
with the very admins/engineers who use centos/rhel/etc... the whole purpose
of the email lists is to share information that's directly related to the
"topic" as well as to information that's 2-3 degrees tangental to the
"topic" as well...

but we can choose to disagree....

peace


-----Original Message-----
From: centos-bounces@centos.org [mailto:centos-bounces@centos.org]On
Behalf Of Karanbir Singh
Sent: Tuesday, October 14, 2008 3:15 PM
To: CentOS mailing list
Subject: Re: [CentOS] App Question.


bruce wrote:
> Got a question, and I can't find a good answer for, so I figured i'd post
> here. I'm working on a project that involves a number of smaller apps to
be
> developed, and run. In order to build this overall application, I'm trying
> to find a web based app that I can use to manage the entire process.

a) dont crosspost, its considered a waste of space
b) your email is OffTopic here.

--
Karanbir Singh : http://www.karan.org/ : 2522219@icq
_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos

_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
 
Old 10-15-2008, 10:08 AM
Tru Huynh
 
Default App Question.

On Tue, Oct 14, 2008 at 04:21:14PM -0700, bruce wrote:
> Karanbir
>
> in this case, i disagree. we're looking for a tool, that may very well exist
<snip>
well you could start by
1) not top posting
2) trim your replies
3) stay on topic or be smart enough to put a relevant "off topic" subject.

Tru
--
Tru Huynh (mirrors, CentOS-3 i386/x86_64 Package Maintenance)
http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xBEFA581B
_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
 
Old 10-15-2008, 10:31 AM
Kai Schaetzl
 
Default App Question.

Bruce wrote on Tue, 14 Oct 2008 16:21:14 -0700:

> in this case, i disagree

Frankly, it is OT.

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany
Get your web at Conactive Internet Services: http://www.conactive.com



_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
 
Old 10-15-2008, 12:53 PM
Les Mikesell
 
Default App Question.

bruce wrote:

Hi list!!

Got a question, and I can't find a good answer for, so I figured i'd post
here. I'm working on a project that involves a number of smaller apps to be
developed, and run. In order to build this overall application, I'm trying
to find a web based app that I can use to manage the entire process.

I need to be able to create the basic app, and then to test the app, and
then to run the app in a production environment. I need to be able to
schedule when the app is tested/run in the production system, as well as be
able to track the status of the test/production app. My overall system will
have 100's of these smaller child apps.

Has anyone heard of, or have any pointers to any kind of webbased app that I
can use (open source) to manage this entire kind of process. I would prefer
a web based app, that runs on a LAMP platform to manage this overall
process....


It is sort of java-oriented, but cruisecrontrol manages that sort of
thing: http://cruisecontrol.sourceforge.net/index.html.


--
Les Mikesell
lesmikesell@gmail.com
_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 11:50 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright ©2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org