Old 10-21-2008, 06:38 AM
Balaji

Default Regd: SeLinux Configuration

Dear All,
Sorry for the delay and i am on the leave and today only i have seen
you response mail.
I have enabled selinux using GUI tools, but i have getting same SELinux
is disabled message.

Regards
-S.Balaji

Ian Blackwell wrote:

Balaji wrote:

Dear All,
I have executed the following command and i have changed the
"/etc/selinux/config" file
and reboot the PC also
setenforce 1
i have getting the following message only
setenforce: SELinux is disabled

Try using the GUI tools to enable and configure SELinux. Let us know if
anything changes or not.

Ian

Old 10-21-2008, 12:35 PM
Barry Brimer

I have enabled selinux using GUI tools, but i have getting same SELinux is
disabled message.

What is the output of "rpm -qa | grep -i -e selinux" and "cat
/proc/cmdline" ?? Are you using a CentOS supplied kernel, or your own
kernel? I suppose you would try adding "selinux=1 enforcing=1" to the end
of your kernel line in your grub.conf, although I've never needed to do
that to get SELinux to activate.

Barry

Old 11-01-2008, 09:05 AM
Balaji

Dear All,
I have executed the following command at centos pc and command output
are placed below

[root@localhost ~]# rpm -qa | grep -i -e selinux
libselinux-devel-1.19.1-7.2
selinux-doc-1.14.1-1
libselinux-1.19.1-7.2
selinux-policy-targeted-sources-1.17.30-2.140
selinux-policy-targeted-1.17.30-2.140
[root@localhost ~]# cat /proc/cmdline
auto BOOT_IMAGE=linux ro BOOT_FILE=/boot/vmlinuz-2.6.9-42.EL rhgb quiet
root=LABEL=/

Regards
-S.Balaji

Old 11-01-2008, 12:36 PM
Barry Brimer

I have executed the following command at centos pc and command output are
placed below

[root@localhost ~]# rpm -qa | grep -i -e selinux
libselinux-devel-1.19.1-7.2
selinux-doc-1.14.1-1
libselinux-1.19.1-7.2
selinux-policy-targeted-sources-1.17.30-2.140
selinux-policy-targeted-1.17.30-2.140
[root@localhost ~]# cat /proc/cmdline
auto BOOT_IMAGE=linux ro BOOT_FILE=/boot/vmlinuz-2.6.9-42.EL rhgb quiet
root=LABEL=/

Regards
-S.Balaji

Did you try my previous suggestion of adding "selinux=1 enforcing=1" to
the kernel line in your grub.conf? While you're at it .. make sure that
you're editing /boot/grub/grub.conf .. most people use /etc/grub.conf ..
which is a symlink to /boot/grub/grub.conf .. if the symlink is broken and
/etc/grub.conf is an independent file, you can edit it all day and not
affect grub. Same goes for /etc/selinux/config which is the real file,
and /etc/sysconfig/selinux which is what most people edit.

Barry

Old 11-03-2008, 07:05 AM
Balaji

Dear All,
I have tried with your previous suggestion of adding "selinux=1
enforcing=1" to the kernel line in my grub.conf

file and my grub configuration details are below
# grub.conf generated by anaconda
#
# NOTICE: You do not have a /boot partition. This means that
# all kernel and initrd paths are relative to /, eg.
# root (hd0,0)
# kernel /boot/vmlinuz-version ro root=/dev/hda1
# initrd /boot/initrd-version.img
#boot=/dev/hda
default=0
timeout=5
splashimage=(hd0,0)/boot/grub/splash.xpm.gz
hiddenmenu
title CentOS-4 i386 (2.6.9-42.EL)
root (hd0,0)
kernel /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.9-42.EL ro root=LABEL=/ rhgb quiet
selinux=1 enforcing=1

initrd /boot/initrd-2.6.9-42.EL.img
and I have executed the "cat /proc/cmdline" and its output is
"auto BOOT_IMAGE=linux ro BOOT_FILE=/boot/vmlinuz-2.6.9-42.EL rhgb quiet
root=LABEL=/"
I don't know i have added correctly "selinux=1 enforcing=1" to the
kernel line in my grub.conf file.
If i am wrong please guide me where can i add the "selinux=1