Old 10-14-2008, 03:24 AM

Default yum: not updating kernel

Hi. I recently switched my CentOS kernel to 2.6.27, manually. Is there
a way to take it "off the list" of possible yum updates? I want to
handle kernel stuff myself.

Thanks much.

Old 10-14-2008, 03:35 AM
"Anthony Kamau"

Edit /etc/yum.conf
Below excerpt from `man yum.conf'
exclude List of packages to exclude from updates or installs. This should
be a space separated list. Shell globs using wildcards (eg. *
and ?) are allowed.

Old 10-14-2008, 03:39 AM

Anthony Kamau wrote:

> Hi. I recently switched my CentOS kernel to 2.6.27, manually. Is there

> a way to take it "off the list" of possible yum updates? I want to
> handle kernel stuff myself.

Edit /etc/yum.conf
Below excerpt from `man yum.conf'
exclude List of packages to exclude from updates or installs. This should
be a space separated list. Shell globs using wildcards (eg. *
and ?) are allowed.

Sorry, man, my bad for not reading the man page. No food pellet for
me. :-(