FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > CentOS > CentOS

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 10-11-2008, 07:34 PM
"William L. Maltby"
 
Default New CentOS 4 Kernels cannot be seen by yum

On Sat, 2008-10-11 at 12:12 -0700, Spike Turner wrote:
> I don't know if those are new kernels in
>
> - http://mirror.centos.org/centos/4/updates/i386/RPMS/?C=M;O=D

The ones dated 10/8 are new. My up-to-date 4.7 still has the ...1.EL
kernel build.

>
> but as yum cannot "see" them is it because the headers are not updated?
>
> - http://mirror.centos.org/centos/4/updates/i386/headers/?C=M;O=D

Since CentOS has not announced them yet, I would guess that is the case.
There would also be a small delay while the mirrors get synchronized.

>
> Spike
> <snip sig stuff>

--
Bill

_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
 
Old 10-15-2008, 11:04 AM
Spike Turner
 
Default New CentOS 4 Kernels cannot be seen by yum

William L. Maltby wrote:

> Since CentOS has not announced them yet, I would guess that
> is the case.
> There would also be a small delay while the mirrors get
> synchronized.
>

This appears to be the upstream details on the kernel
http://rhn.redhat.com/errata/RHBA-2008-0859.html

Even after a week the kernel update has not been announced
yet by CentOS?

With posts like these
http://www.centos.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=16691&forum=27
about a buggy kernel one would expect the newest kernel to be eagerly awaited.

Spike




_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
 
Old 10-15-2008, 12:14 PM
"William L. Maltby"
 
Default New CentOS 4 Kernels cannot be seen by yum

On Wed, 2008-10-15 at 04:04 -0700, Spike Turner wrote:
> William L. Maltby wrote:
>
> > Since CentOS has not announced them yet, I would guess that
> > is the case.
> > There would also be a small delay while the mirrors get
> > synchronized.
> >
>
> This appears to be the upstream details on the kernel
> http://rhn.redhat.com/errata/RHBA-2008-0859.html
>
> Even after a week the kernel update has not been announced
> yet by CentOS?
>
> With posts like these
> http://www.centos.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=16691&forum=27
> about a buggy kernel one would expect the newest kernel to be eagerly awaited.

The key word is "awaited". I suspect the real life has intervened to
slow the completion steps need to release these updates. Sans security
issues, real life could be expected to have priority. However, not being
a team member, I'm only speculating here.

>
> Spike
> <snip sig stuff>

--
Bill

_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 06:42 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org