-   -   need filesystem recommendation (http://www.linux-archive.org/centos/174537-need-filesystem-recommendation.html)

"Mag Gam" 10-11-2008 02:11 PM

need filesystem recommendation

Hi All,

I have a backup site and I would like to rsync from production to
backup site. However, I would like to have all backups be compressed
so I can save space. Can anyone recommend a good way to do this? I am
currently using tar and bzip2 to do this.

TIA

Anne Wilson 10-11-2008 02:24 PM

On Saturday 11 October 2008 15:11:57 Mag Gam wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I have a backup site and I would like to rsync from production to
> backup site. However, I would like to have all backups be compressed
> so I can save space. Can anyone recommend a good way to do this? I am
> currently using tar and bzip2 to do this.

You might like to look at amanda

Anne

Alejandro 10-12-2008 06:08 AM

need filesystem recommendation

Bacula is another good option is more easy to configure than amanda
and have excelent funtions and admin panel

Regards
Alejandro
www.linuxiso.com.ar

Tony Molloy 10-12-2008 08:31 AM

need filesystem recommendation

On Saturday 11 October 2008 15:11:57 Mag Gam wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I have a backup site and I would like to rsync from production to
> backup site. However, I would like to have all backups be compressed
> so I can save space. Can anyone recommend a good way to do this? I am
> currently using tar and bzip2 to do this.
>
> TIA

Have a look at BackupPC < backuppc.sourceforge,net >

It is very easy to install from source, there's even an rpm on the testing
repo.

It does compression and pooling of backups.

Tony