Old 10-09-2008, 07:43 PM
Kai Schaetzl

Default Rebooting CentOS 5.2 XEN Guest

Brett Serkez wrote on Thu, 9 Oct 2008 14:23:16 -0400:

> At one time when I issued an 'init 6' in one of the XEN guests it
> rebooted

I usually use xm reboot from the host. You can also use reboot from within
the guest. I remember *one* occurence quite a few months back where after
an update I had problems to shut a VM down. But it happened only that one
time. Note, there is a centos-virt list.

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany

Old 10-16-2008, 01:26 PM
"Brett Serkez"

On Thu, Oct 9, 2008 at 3:43 PM, Kai Schaetzl <maillists@conactive.com> wrote:
> Brett Serkez wrote on Thu, 9 Oct 2008 14:23:16 -0400:
>
>> At one time when I issued an 'init 6' in one of the XEN guests it
>> rebooted

I've narrowed the issue to the xend and xendomains daemons.

On one of my systems I was able to init 6 and init 0 no problem, then
suddenly I could not, when this occurred, CPU utilization was 100% on
one CPU on the host with the guest said either "Restarting System" or
"System Halted". After some investigation I found that if I
restarted the xend and xendomains services I could once again init 0
and init 6.

> I usually use xm reboot from the host. You can also use reboot from within
> the guest. I remember *one* occurence quite a few months back where after
> an update I had problems to shut a VM down. But it happened only that one
> time. Note, there is a centos-virt list.

Thanks for this tip, I have signed up on the centos-virt list.

Brett