Old 10-09-2008, 06:41 PM
"Bart Schaefer"

Default Firefox3 for CentOS4 -- dependency on evolution28 packages?

I'd been putting off installing the FX3 packages because of some
extensions I use that don't have upgrades.[*] However, when FX1.5
crashed on me today I decided to finally go ahead. Fired up yum and
I'm told I have to install a slew of evolution28 library packages in
order to install the firefox package. Why? I removed evolution from
my system for a reason, and I'd just as soon it stays gone.
[*] Additional off-topic rant: Why was the API access to form history
removed from Firefox? Why must I throw away my entire history to get
rid of a few typographical errors to reduce the number of bogus field
completion choices I'm offered?