Old 12-11-2007, 06:49 PM
Hiep Nguyen

Default users & groups

hi all, i just installed centos 5 with minimal options. i don't have gui
yet, how do i get to see all users & groups created on my box?

thanks,
t. hiep

Old 12-11-2007, 06:55 PM
Paul Heinlein

On Tue, 11 Dec 2007, Hiep Nguyen wrote:

hi all, i just installed centos 5 with minimal options. i don't
have gui yet, how do i get to see all users & groups created on my
box?

The old-fashioned way:

cat /etc/passwd
cat /etc/group

The PAM-friendly way:

getent passwd
getent group

Old 12-11-2007, 08:11 PM
Clint Dilks

Hiep Nguyen wrote:
hi all, i just installed centos 5 with minimal options. i don't have
gui yet, how do i get to see all users & groups created on my box?

thanks,
t. hiep

man useradd and man groupadd

Have a nice day