Old 10-09-2008, 08:37 AM
Theo Band

Default Thunderbird does not follow url links in Firefox

Since the recent update from firefox2 to firefox3 the links in my mails
do no longer work. No window pops up. After some debug I found the
problem. Let's share it with others that experience the same problem:

I'm using Thunderbird 2.0.0.17 (manually downloaded, that might have
caused the problem, I have not tried with 1.5)
I'm using Firefox 3.0.2 (yum installed CentOS 4.7)

To solve I created a small wrapper script that unsets LD_LIBRARY_PATH:

cat <path>/firefox_wrap
#!/bin/bash
unset LD_LIBRARY_PATH
firefox $@

To start add :
user_pref("network.protocol-handler.app.http", "<path>/firefox_wrap");
~/.thunderbird/<salt>/prefs.js
(or use the advanced config editor)

The error message (for those Googling around):
/usr/lib/firefox-3.0.2/firefox-bin:
/opt/thunderbird-2.0.0.17/libnss3.so: version `NSS_3.12' not found
(requiredby /usr/lib/firefox-3.0.2/libxul.so)

Cheers,
Theo

Old 10-10-2008, 01:03 AM
"Lanny Marcus"

On Thu, Oct 9, 2008 at 3:37 AM, Theo Band <theo.band@greenpeak.com> wrote:
> Since the recent update from firefox2 to firefox3 the links in my mails
> do no longer work. No window pops up. After some debug I found the
> problem. Let's share it with others that experience the same problem:
>
> I'm using Thunderbird 2.0.0.17 (manually downloaded, that might have
> caused the problem, I have not tried with 1.5)
> I'm using Firefox 3.0.2 (yum installed CentOS 4.7)
<snip>
I'm using CentOS 5.2 (fully updated) and don't see the problem you
described. You are using CentOS 4.7, so there are a lot of differences
between our systems. As I recall, the libraries are quite a bit
different, between CentOS 4.x and 5.x Glad you solved the problem!

Old 10-10-2008, 07:05 AM
"Tom G. Christensen"

Theo Band wrote:

Since the recent update from firefox2 to firefox3 the links in my mails
do no longer work. No window pops up. After some debug I found the
problem. Let's share it with others that experience the same problem:

Thank you for tracking this down.
Your suggested fix also works fine with a custom el4 build of
thunderbird 2.0.0.17.

-tgc