-   -   Installing rsh-server weirdness (http://www.linux-archive.org/centos/172749-installing-rsh-server-weirdness.html)

Kai Schaetzl 10-08-2008 11:35 AM

Installing rsh-server weirdness

Sorin Srbu wrote on Wed, 8 Oct 2008 12:22:15 +0200:

> Currently working with migrating from RHEL3 to CentOS 5.2 x86 on test computer.
> When I tried to run "yum install rsh*" in order to install the rsh-server
> package, yum jumped out to the CLI stating there was "no key for this package"
> or something o that effect.

First: please do not hijack threads. If you want to send a new question then hit
"new message" and not "reply"!
Second: This can occur if you use a non-default repo and yum wants to use it for
an rpm that is unsigned. It would have been more helpful to quote the exact yum
output.

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany

"Sorin Srbu" 10-08-2008 12:03 PM

Installing rsh-server weirdness

Kai Schaetzl <> scribbled on Wednesday, October 08, 2008 1:36 PM:

> First: please do not hijack threads. If you want to send a new question
> then hit "new message" and not "reply"!

Sorry, didn't realise. Won't happen again.

> Second: This can occur if you use a non-default repo and yum wants to use
> it for an rpm that is unsigned. It would have been more helpful to quote
> the exact yum output.

I'll see if I can reproduce this problem on a third test-machine, and get the
complete error message for you.

FWIW, I got the error message with a clean and updated CentOS 5.2 x86-install,
with only the standard base, extras etc-repos enabled. I then added the
rpmforge-repo to get some other software, and then tried the rsh-server
installation again with the same error.

Toby Bluhm 10-08-2008 01:18 PM

Installing rsh-server weirdness

Sorin Srbu wrote:

Hi all,

Currently working with migrating from RHEL3 to CentOS 5.2 x86 on test computer.
When I tried to run "yum install rsh*" in order to install the rsh-server

Try

yum install rsh*

or

yum install "rsh*"

This allows "*" to be passed on to yum unmolested by the shell.

--
tkb

"Sorin Srbu" 10-08-2008 01:26 PM

Installing rsh-server weirdness

Toby Bluhm <> scribbled on Wednesday, October 08, 2008 3:18 PM:

>> Currently working with migrating from RHEL3 to CentOS 5.2 x86 on test
>> computer. When I tried to run "yum install rsh*" in order to install the
>> rsh-server
>

> Try
>
> yum install rsh*
>
> or
>
> yum install "rsh*"
>

> This allows "*" to be passed on to yum unmolested by the shell.

That's a new one. I'll keep this one in mind. Thx.