Old 10-08-2008, 10:22 AM
"Sorin Srbu"

Default Installing rsh-server weirdness

Hi all,

Currently working with migrating from RHEL3 to CentOS 5.2 x86 on test computer.
When I tried to run "yum install rsh*" in order to install the rsh-server
package, yum jumped out to the CLI stating there was "no key for this package"
or something o that effect.

I then used the Add/remove applet on the same machine and searched for
rsh-server, found it and installed it. No problems.

Then I went over to my other migration test-machine and did the same from the
CLI, there it worked flawlessly.

Why did the latter installation work and the CLI-install didn't? I'm at a loss
here, possibly forgetting something really trivial... Obviously some keys seem
to be missing on the former machine, but which and why?

TIA.
--
BW,
Sorin