Old 12-11-2007, 03:09 PM
Alfredo Perez

Default Looking for a howto site

Hi

I have been googling without success so I thought
to ask the following question to the list:

I was wondering if any of you know of a site
that shows how to setup a wireless access point
using Centos.

Thanks

Alfredo
The sauce

Old 12-11-2007, 06:20 PM
MHR

On Dec 11, 2007 8:09 AM, Alfredo Perez <alfredoj69@rogers.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have been googling without success so I thought
> to ask the following question to the list:
>
> I was wondering if any of you know of a site
> that shows how to setup a wireless access point
> using Centos.

Please clarify - are you asking how to use CentOS to access a wireless
router, either to set it up or just to use it, or how to use a CentOS
machine as a router to be a wireless access point?

The former is pretty much just like any other router setup - open a
browser to point at the router and set it up like any other (even
Windows non-wizard setup). The latter I don't know.

Thanks.

mhr

Old 12-11-2007, 06:51 PM
Bill Campbell

On Tue, Dec 11, 2007, Alfredo Perez wrote:
>Hi
>
>I have been googling without success so I thought
>to ask the following question to the list:
>
>I was wondering if any of you know of a site
>that shows how to setup a wireless access point
>using Centos.

You might look at http://www.linux-sxs.org/

Bill

If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude
greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace.
We seek not your consul, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that
feeds you. May your chains set lightly upon you; and may posterity forget
ye were our countrymen. -- Samuel Adams (American Patriot)

Old 12-11-2007, 07:44 PM
Scott Silva

on 12/11/2007 11:51 AM Bill Campbell spake the following:

I have been googling without success so I thought
to ask the following question to the list:

I was wondering if any of you know of a site
that shows how to setup a wireless access point
using Centos.

You might look at http://www.linux-sxs.org/

Wow, that site looks like it has been around for a while.
I see Caldera stuff there. Quite a collection of info.

--
MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and

Old 12-11-2007, 08:06 PM
Bill Campbell

On Tue, Dec 11, 2007, Scott Silva wrote:
>on 12/11/2007 11:51 AM Bill Campbell spake the following:
>>On Tue, Dec 11, 2007, Alfredo Perez wrote:
>>>Hi
>>>
>>>I have been googling without success so I thought
>>>to ask the following question to the list:
>>>
>>>I was wondering if any of you know of a site
>>>that shows how to setup a wireless access point
>>>using Centos.
>>
>>You might look at http://www.linux-sxs.org/

>Wow, that site looks like it has been around for a while.
>I see Caldera stuff there. Quite a collection of info.

It started as an offshoot of the Caldera mailing list, so has
been around for years. There is still a very active mailing list
with many people who were Caldera users (myself included). It's
pretty distribution agnostic these days.

Bill

A Galileo could no more be elected president of the United States than
he could be elected Pope of Rome. Both high posts are reserved for men
favored by God with an extraordinary genius for swathing the bitter
facts of life in bandages of self-illusion.
-- H. L. Mencken