Old 12-11-2007, 02:35 PM
Craig White

Default How to disable hal's polling of CD-ROM drive in CentOS 5.1?

On Tue, 2007-12-11 at 10:29 -0500, Steve Snyder wrote:
> Given that I hardly ever use the CD-ROM drive, it makes no sense to have
> hal constantly polling it for new media.
>
> How can I disable this polling in CentOS 5.1?
----
runlevel 3

Craig

Old 12-12-2007, 03:03 AM
Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams

On Tue, 2007-12-11 at 10:29 -0500, Steve Snyder wrote:
> Given that I hardly ever use the CD-ROM drive, it makes no sense to have
> hal constantly polling it for new media.
>
> How can I disable this polling in CentOS 5.1?

Run lshal and look for the block.device value that matches your drive.
Then find the value of the info.udi key in the same block and replace it
into the attached file. Then drop the file in /etc/hal/fdi/information
and restart haldaemon.