-   -   problem talking to server postgrey/socket: Permission denied (http://www.linux-archive.org/centos/170977-problem-talking-server-postgrey-socket-permission-denied.html)

"Dirk H. Schulz" 10-05-2008 08:28 AM

problem talking to server postgrey/socket: Permission denied

Hi folks,

I have installed postgrey from the rpmforge repo, but it does not work well
with postfix from CentOS 5.2: I always get the error:

warning: connect to postgrey/socket: Permission denied
problem talking to server postgrey/socket: Permission denied

But the permissions on the socket seem okay (postfix could write to it):
srw-rw-rw- 1 postgrey postgrey 0 4. Okt 14:48 socket

I also tried "restorecon -R /var/spool/postfix/postgrey", but that did not
change anything, either.

Googling does not show anything recent and helpful. Any hint or help is
appreciated.

Dirk

Ned Slider 10-05-2008 10:07 AM

Dirk H. Schulz wrote:

Hi folks,

I have installed postgrey from the rpmforge repo, but it does not work
well with postfix from CentOS 5.2: I always get the error:

warning: connect to postgrey/socket: Permission denied
problem talking to server postgrey/socket: Permission denied

But the permissions on the socket seem okay (postfix could write to it):
srw-rw-rw- 1 postgrey postgrey 0 4. Okt 14:48 socket

I also tried "restorecon -R /var/spool/postfix/postgrey", but that did
not change anything, either.

Googling does not show anything recent and helpful. Any hint or help is
appreciated.

Dirk

Hi Dirk,

You're correct in your assumption that this is an SELinux issue. You
need to write a custom policy to allow connection and writing to the socket.

How to do this is covered in the SELinux Wiki guide here:

http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/SELinux#head-faa96b3fdd922004cdb988c1989e56191c257c01

and luckily for you, the example used is for postgrey/postfix so you can
use the example provided.

Hope that helps.

Kai Schaetzl 10-05-2008 10:31 AM

Dirk H. Schulz wrote on Sun, 05 Oct 2008 10:28:06 +0200:

> warning: connect to postgrey/socket: Permission denied
> problem talking to server postgrey/socket: Permission denied

SELinux enabled?

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany